Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Reliable Velocity iron >

Reliable Velocity iron

Reliable Velocity iron

Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 PM

Default Reliable Velocity iron

I have been reading how so many of us love love love this iron for several reasons. I have had mine a little over a year - a month after out of warranty. All of a sudden it refused to heat. I called the company in Canada and they said they would honor the warranty. I had to pay international shipping to send it back. Not sure if I had to pay to have it returned - probably did. I got it back, used it for about a week and it died again. Sent it back again at their expense. Still waiting to get it back. I sent it back 3 weeks ago. I am so disappointed as I have loved this iton.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Power Poster

I had one and it worked great. I gave it to my DD and she hasn't had any problems I know of but I know she doesn't use it that much. I use my dry solid plate iron the most when pressing fabric and blocks. If the company does not send you a new iron after this second problem, tends to show me the company is setting itself up for a bad reputation and low sales in the future.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

I also have the iron, and have had excellent service from the company. I bought a "reconditioned" iron online. I liked the iron, but there seemed to be something wrong with the auto shut-off that kept shutting it off even when I was using it. It was easy to turn back on, or I could bypass auto shut-off altogether, but I contacted the company and told them about the problem. They just sent me another iron, and told me to keep the first one too! The funny thing is, the second iron also has this problem. Since it doesn't really affect anything, is just a slight nuisance factor, I decided to just wait and see if anything else went wrong. So far the iron is working fine (with its one slight glitch) and I have the second one (also with that glitch) for backup. I love the steam this iron provides when I need it, although I usually am ironing dry or using a spray bottle.