Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Remember a Display of Fassette Themed Quilts at Road to CA? >

Remember a Display of Fassette Themed Quilts at Road to CA?

Remember a Display of Fassette Themed Quilts at Road to CA?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:39 PM

I remember a display of quilts at the Road to California this year that featured some of Kaffe's fabrics, in different color ways. They were large quilts, and there were about 4 or 5 of them. I have searched the internet and the RtoC website but cannot find those quilts. Anyone remember them and know where I could get pictures without spending $12+postage for the CD? Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM

I bought the CD, I will look and see if they are on there. When I bought the CD they told me not all the quilts would be on their, Anything that was considered a special exhibit we omitted.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 AM

I'm gonna watch this thread, I'd love to see them!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

I don't know if they are the quilts you want but go here http://www.kaffefassett.com/Patchwork.html and click on the books and a slideshow of Kaffe's theme quilts will start. Beautiful.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 AM

Sorry, jljack. I just tried to open the cd for the first time, boy it started making a really loud noise and would not open. Also this is the first CD that directed me to the website to open the photos. The index is online, you have to click and it accesses the cd, but everytime it tried, sounded like I had mice in my laptop. I am trying to get another one from Road2CA.

Acutually good news for me, if they are on there I would have wanted to share and of course you can't because of copyright and I am a little afraid of the Quilt Copyright Police on the board. So I would not have shared. This is one show you were allowed to take photos, I should have. But have gotten so use to buying the CDs. If I would have taken the photo, I would have shared, because they did allow photos and it was my photo and nothing posted to say you could not show your personal photos to anyone.

So anyway sorry, hopefully they are on the other site.They are beautiful quilts.
Originally Posted by jljack
I remember a display of quilts at the Road to California this year that featured some of Kaffe's fabrics, in different color ways. They were large quilts, and there were about 4 or 5 of them. I have searched the internet and the RtoC website but cannot find those quilts. Anyone remember them and know where I could get pictures without spending $12+postage for the CD? Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I don't know if they are the quilts you want but go here http://www.kaffefassett.com/Patchwork.html and click on the books and a slideshow of Kaffe's theme quilts will start. Beautiful.
Thanks for sharing the website - gorgeous! I've always loved his use of color.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

I too love the way that he uses color, love all of the slide shows!!! Thank you for sharing :D:D:D

I hope that you find the quilts that you are looking for :D
Old 03-08-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi Bella...thanks for the link. I had gone through all of those looking for those quilts, but not there. I don't think HE designed them. I think they were some kind of challenge to use a specific pattern and his fabrics. Something like that. I was doing white glove service at the time I ran across them, and I didn't have time to go back to see them. Rats!!! :-)

And I did go look at the special exhibits photos on the R2C website, but they weren't there, either. Hummmm, faulty memory, or active imagination?? Not beyond the realm of possibility!!! :-)