Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ricky Tims fabric >

Ricky Tims fabric

Ricky Tims fabric

Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Default Ricky Tims fabric

I just realized I own a half-yard piece of Ricky Tims hand dyed fabric and didn't know it! LOL

I was at the Shipshewana Quilt Festival last month, where he was the featured guest. In the registration package was a rolled up piece of fabric, 1 FQ, a bunch of coupons, etc. Well, there was a question on the facebook page about the rolled up fabric and the answer was 'yes, it is a Ricky Tims piece of fabric'. I hadn't put everything away from my shopping and it was still rolled up. He sells it for $25/yard.

I was able to attend 1 of his lectures, his evening concert/show and another 30 minute class he put on. If you ever get a chance to see him anywhere near you, GO! He is an excellent teacher and an extraordinary storyteller.

Last edited by carrieg; 07-06-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 PM

my mom (gramajo) and I were there too and saw Ricky. He puts on great shows and is such a nice and funny person. Mom's avatar is a picture of her and Ricky.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Maybe some day he will come to our area. I'll be on the look out. How great is that to get a piece of that fabric. Makes you want to frame it, doesn't it?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by kuseta View Post
my mom (gramajo) and I were there too and saw Ricky. He puts on great shows and is such a nice and funny person. Mom's avatar is a picture of her and Ricky.
Tammy and I got to the show early and had front row seats. After Ricky was finished setting up his equipment, he sat on the edge of the stage and invited us all to go up for autographs or pictures. After several women had been up, Tammy urged me to have my picture taken. I felt so foolish, but am glad I did.

He greeted several women who had been to his seminars in LaVeta and seemed so glad to see them. They chatted for several minutes and one said she'd be going to his seminar again in Sept.

He is a great storyteller and quite funny. We heard all about his childhood and his "granny" and her sunbonnet for the garden. The most recent issue of "The Quilt Life" had a contest of what Sunbonnet Sue does during the summer. There was a picture of Ricky wearing his "granny's" bonnet. He has a great sense of humor.

If you ever get a chance to see Ricky Tims, GO.

Last edited by gramajo; 07-06-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM

My avatar is Rickys hand dyes
Old 07-07-2012, 01:21 AM

for my stack&wack I bought some orange and green fabrics as background on the internet.
I doubted first because the colours were very bright.
When they arrived I saw in the selvedge they were ricky timm's also.
Lovely surprise...btw don't think they are handdyed or are all of his fabrics??
But nevertheless I'm proud of having them to.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 AM

Years ago, I read about when he and his partener first went to Col. His partener (sorry I can't remember his name do to serior moment) wanted to put in a fish pond. I laughted until I cried, at times I couldn't breath. If you can get him to tell the story, you won't be disappointed. I should be a classic. Sandy
Old 07-07-2012, 05:16 AM

He was great! Even got to sit in on his 30 minute Schoolhouse class on Convergence. He's professional because he covered a great deal of info in those 30 minutes.

Don't know what to do with this 1/2 yard. Keep it with all my other 'special' pieces! LOL
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 AM

I wish I could attend his seminars and meet him in person. He is so talented and gifted in so many areas. His instructions are always clear and concise. I also wish I could afford more of his fabrics and threads.