Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rolling quilting frame/table

Hi. My neighbor and I went "window shopping" and "test driving" yesterday at the local sewing shops. We checked out the Janome machines, Innovis, Baby Lock, and some others. Anyway, at the last place we went to, the owner told us that he has a customer who has a Baby Lock that she uses somewhat like a long-arm.... He said that she purchased (he wasn't sure from where) a table and put the machine on that, and then purchased a small frame that has wheels on it, and she can stretch the quilt sandwich out on the frame, and then roll it under the machine to do free-motion quilting. Does anyone know where to get a frame like that (on wheels)?? Or does this even make any sense?

Thanks!
    Cyndi

Blog Entries
    I've seen this at quilt shows but cannot think of the name. You can mount a regular sewing machine on it and move it instead of the quilt for quilting. Seemed like a good idea but I don't have that kind of space to put it in.

This sounds really interesting. Hope someone knows what it is.

if seen them at quilt shows before. the frame clips onto any table and you put your machine on this little cart like thing. but i can't think of the name of it.

Ohh.... sounds interesting!!!

Hugs

Caroline

Pam
    I have seen them too at quilt shows. The frame is wooden. I spoke with the inventor, it is a great concept. The bulk of the quilt is NOT in the throat of the machine, but on the take up roll away from the machine. I am going to try to load the quilts this way for my short arm, I think it will buy me more space.

I think I saw that on youtube????????

Does anyone know the brand name or where to get one???? I can't find it anywhere....

Here is the website for that particular guy (the one in the You Tube video): http://machine-quilt-frames.blogspot.com/

There are others who make them as well, I am finding out. I'll post the others soon! Thanks!
    Cyndi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast