Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Scissors are best?

No jokes like - sharp ones.

I have purchased enough scissors to have bought a good pair. No more. Fiskars don't last very long. Which brand is sharp from tip to hinge and can be sharpened when they get a little dull? I also need to know about snippers. Threads drive me crazy. A long time ago, women didn't get a new pair a year or even several years. I can't get my scissors to last 3 months. Since I have to order on the internet anyway, which brand will last the longest and cut the best?

Blog Entries
    I will be looking forward to see others answers on this thread.

I buy my scissors at Joann's and use the coupon.

I just keep going to Dollar tree and buying the $1.00 Scissors they work as long as I don;t forget and use them on paper!

Love my ginghers. Have had them over 20 years and never had them sharpened!! I have threatened family members if they ever pick them up and especially if they have paper in their hands!!!

I agree- ginghers!

If you don't want horribly expensive go with Ginghers. Dovo, Bohin, and any scissors made in Solingen Germany are excellent scissors.

Okay, I bought Ginghers. ebay had them cheaper than the stores, even with shipping. There is no frustration so heavy as a quilter without sharp scissors. And no furry than their mother if they are caught using them - ever.

I got a lot of mixed up scissor for $15.00 for the kids to use. They had better leave mine alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn
    Okay, I bought Ginghers. ebay had them cheaper than the stores, even with shipping. There is no frustration so heavy as a quilter without sharp scissors. And no furry than their mother if they are caught using them - ever.

I got a lot of mixed up scissor for $15.00 for the kids to use. They had better leave mine alone.
    Go buy a tiny padlock and lock your scissors up!

Good idea.

Blog Entries
    I bought a package of Fiskars office scissors at Sam's Club and they beat the Fiskars quilting/sewing scissors by a mile. They are still sharp to cut fabric like butter and I use them to cut everything from plastic to cording. I think Fanmore and Clover has the sharpest scissors. Clover scissors are better then Gingher in my opinion. Clover scissors are getting a great reputation.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast