Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: semi new topic - used mat cleaners

I know we have a thread pertaining to the cleaning up of the cutting mats with certain items. I had questioned the possibulty of buying one of those "things" to clean up the wear and tear after a while on our mats. I have lost the topic and there were sever ideas and thoughts that were posted. So I would really like to get back there as I had attempted to bookmark it. I thought I did, but I didn't... just that kind of a day.

huge hugs to anyone that needs one, wants one or doesn't care one way or the other.

Blue

If you go to search at the top of the page type in cleaning cutting mats and you will get a long list of topics and ideas.

I found this:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-8552-1.htm

If you scroll down the page, individuals give their recommendations on cleaning. :D

Blog Entries
    i bought one of those fancy shmancy mat smoothers. it's like a super-fine grit sharpening stone.

it isn't that it doesn't work. but i didn't think it worked any better than the plastic net pot scrubbers you can buy at the dollar store. or one of the green scrubby pads.

i'd try one of those before spending the money on the "official" tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i bought one of those fancy shmancy mat smoothers. it's like a super-fine grit sharpening stone.

it isn't that it doesn't work. but i didn't think it worked any better than the plastic net pot scrubbers you can buy at the dollar store. or one of the green scrubby pads.

i'd try one of those before spending the money on the "official" tool.
    I agree.