Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: sewed my finger today!! Have you ever done this????

Blog Entries
    Well, today I did something that I have never did in my 5 decades of sewing, i was feeding a strip of quilting in my janome, needle down, and sneezed. my pointer finger on my right hand went right under the foot and sewed! I yanked my finger out, needle down, broke the needle, ouch. DH pulled two pieces of the needle out of my finger. Emergecny room cost big bucks with my insurance, tomorrow I am going to my doc for a tetanus shot and pain pills. it is a thumping. I did not bleed on the strip though, typing is hard. I went back and finished the strips, cannot iron. Did anyone ever do this? any infection? how long to heal??

Blog Entries
    Ouch!!

my grandmother did it on her treadle,between1st and 2nd finger feeding in fabric. I haven't, and think about grandma when I get close to a needle.

Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver
    Well, today I did something that I have never did in my 5 decades of sewing, i was feeding a strip of quilting in my janome, needle down, and sneezed. my pointer finger on my right hand went right under the foot and sewed! I yanked my finger out, needle down, broke the needle, ouch. DH pulled two pieces of the needle out of my finger. Emergecny room cost big bucks with my insurance, tomorrow I am going to my doc for a tetanus shot and pain pills. it is a thumping. I did not bleed on the strip though, typing is hard. I went back and finished the strips, cannot iron. Did anyone ever do this? any infection? how long to heal??
    Pain the in finger tips can throb and make the entire body hurt. I feel for ya - keep it bandaged and safe until you can get to the doctor tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Never as bad as yours, just nicked mine. BUT, today I put new blade in rotary cutter and first cut, sliced open my right thumb.

OMG...... I am feeling your pain.

I hope you get some painkillers from doc as soon as you can.

Hugs

Blog Entries
    omg, ouch ouch hope you are feeling better today
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When the pain is really bad lay your hand on you oposite shoulder so it is above your heart and that thumping will ease a great deal!!!!!

Blog Entries
    OUCH! You poor thing! I feel your pain. I also have done this. When I was a little girl, I wanted doll clothes so bad! But everyone was too busy and I wasn't allowed to touch my Oma's treadle machine. Well, the day came when I could no longer wait and sure enough that huge needle came down on my finger. Yes, I think I was hurting on both ends that day.
    Hope the pain subsides soon. Sorry that had to happen to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammiepamie
    When the pain is really bad lay your hand on you oposite shoulder so it is above your heart and that thumping will ease a great deal!!!!!
    The opposite shoulder will work. I fell yesterday and sprained my wrist. It's working for me.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast