Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewed my finger today!!  Have you ever done this???? >

sewed my finger today!! Have you ever done this????

sewed my finger today!! Have you ever done this????

Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 AM

I sewed my pinky when I was first learning how to use a sewing machine. If you've done it once I doubt you'll ever do it again!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I sewed my pinky when I was first learning how to use a sewing machine. If you've done it once I doubt you'll ever do it again!
Oh bet me. I have done it a few times. You just want that 1/4" perfect sometimes so bad that you do not realize that your finger is in the way. I have since learned that a stilletto is the perfect extra finger. Leg is recovering nicely. No infection and stitches look healthy. That "jack the ripper" is a bit intimidating at the moment, but have already had to use him again. Making a special case to put him in for travel.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 AM

just the edge of my finger, and it blead. ouch Barb
Old 08-21-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver
Well, today I did something that I have never did in my 5 decades of sewing, i was feeding a strip of quilting in my Janome, needle down, and sneezed. my pointer finger on my right hand went right under the foot and sewed! I yanked my finger out, needle down, broke the needle, ouch. DH pulled two pieces of the needle out of my finger. Emergency room cost big bucks with my insurance, tomorrow I am going to my doc for a tetanus shot and pain pills. it is a thumping. I did not bleed on the strip though, typing is hard. I went back and finished the strips, cannot iron. Did anyone ever do this? any infection? how long to heal??
I have done that but it was my left hand finger and yes it does throb badly. I did not break the needle and did not bleed onto the fabric I was sewing. I know your pain.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:33 AM

been there...done that...but only once !!!
also sliced my index finger with rotary cutter needed 6 stitches....
Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by nhweaver
Well, today I did something that I have never did in my 5 decades of sewing, i was feeding a strip of quilting in my janome, needle down, and sneezed. my pointer finger on my right hand went right under the foot and sewed! I yanked my finger out, needle down, broke the needle, ouch. DH pulled two pieces of the needle out of my finger. Emergecny room cost big bucks with my insurance, tomorrow I am going to my doc for a tetanus shot and pain pills. it is a thumping. I did not bleed on the strip though, typing is hard. I went back and finished the strips, cannot iron. Did anyone ever do this? any infection? how long to heal??
You are one wonderful quilter --- you finished the strips!! And hurrah for your husband. Sure hope that the healing is fast -- and that the pain subsides soon.