Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sewing feet storage?

Blog Entries
    If you don't have too many feet to store, you could use the plastic containers that are meant for holding a week's worth of pills. If you find the ones that have Sunday thru Saturday on the lids painted on, you could attach a label over those markings. These narrow containers will fit in your 4" drawer with no problem.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32 View Post
    I use two single row pill holders, like Mon. Tues. Wed. etc. I keep them under my acrylic extension table that fits around the arm of my machine, so I can see them easily and access them easily.
    That is a great idea on where to keep them! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    I use a small box that fishermen use to store the flies they tie.

I put all the feet for my Pfaff in one of those boxes that I got from Nancy's Notions (ArtBin containers). Then I decided that I couldnít remember what was what because I had modified some of the feet so I put names and pictures of each foot and taped it to the inside of the lid. Thatís as far as I got, my other machines are asking me when they will get cases for their feet. One of these days...maybe! LOL

Here's a pic of my lid info: Name:  Pfaff-Sewing-Machine-Presser-Feet.gif
Views: 1348
Size:  216.5 KB

Great ideal. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I use the plastic pencil boxes that Walmart sells for each machines accessories, bobbins, and feet. I label the top of each box with the machine model and name. I can find stuff pretty easily and my cats can't get into anything.

I purchased at Wal-Mart a plastic case that is intended for small toy cars. The case is customizable so your walking foot would also fit. It doesn't need to fit in your drawer, you can lean it against your sewing table, that way it will be near to your sewing machine. The case also protects the presser feet from damage. I bought several platic cases for my presser feet for my machines and in my opinion, the toy car case is the best.

I bought one of those craft 12"x12" sectional containers with drawers. I just stash the most used ones in there. The sewing table has nothing on the right, so I bought a unit with drawers, and then the smaller one to go on top. At least I have a place to stash pins, extra light, bobbin winder on the top of the container.

My Bernia came with a hanging foot storage but for extras I use a plastic tackle box, works wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by FWDesigns View Post
    I put all the feet for my Pfaff in one of those boxes that I got from Nancy's Notions (ArtBin containers). Then I decided that I couldn’t remember what was what because I had modified some of the feet so I put names and pictures of each foot and taped it to the inside of the lid. That’s as far as I got, my other machines are asking me when they will get cases for their feet. One of these days...maybe! LOL

Here's a pic of my lid info: Name:  Pfaff-Sewing-Machine-Presser-Feet.gif
Views: 1348
Size:  216.5 KB
    I really like your idea to have the picture and name of foot, really helps when the brain goes dim.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast