Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine thoughts? >

sewing machine thoughts?

sewing machine thoughts?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:16 AM

What size blankets can these Juki's handle for FMQ?
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kelligirl View Post
What size blankets can these Juki's handle for FMQ?
Kelligirl: I am in the middle of quilting a Queen Size quilt on my Juki 2010q--the front and back are both corduroy and the batting is a mid-loft polyester. I'm doing a cross-hatch pattern and have had no problems. I love this machine!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 AM

I've had the Crescendo for about a year and use it every day. Mostly do quilting but some alterations/mending. Really like it and no problems so far. The only thing I was not thrilled with is the Dual Feed foot. Refused to use it until I was making a Bargello QAYG. Could not get perfect matchup until I starting using the DF. What a difference that made. It is hard to "teach an old dog new tricks" especially when the old dog is in her mid-seventies and started sewing on a treadle when she was 10 years old. I have had Berninas; still have my Bernina 1030 and will never part with it. Two reasons for going to BabyLock...dealer nearby, reasonable cost, 11 inch throat space. Most of the other features are also on comparable machines. I also bought a Pfaff Passport to take to classes. MY MOTTO: ALWAYS BUY THE VERY BEST MACHINE THAT YOU CAN AFFORD.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:53 AM

Have been hoping for an update on this post as I've been weighing the Juki 600 against the Janome 8900. They both seem to be great machines so I'm having a difficult time deciding which way to go.