Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine thoughts? >

sewing machine thoughts?

sewing machine thoughts?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by asabrinao View Post
I'm going to put in a plug for the Juki HZL-600. I have the Juki 2010TL and really love it. However, I've been coveting the HZL-600. I don't own one--yet, but I've been taking garment sewing classes a few times a week for the last six months, working exclusively on the 600. I love sewing on it, love how quiet it is. It has the same needle down and thread cutter as the TL series. It just has more stitches. Another woman in the class owns the HZL-400 and says she hasn't had a single issue with it in the four years she's owned it.
I have the Juki F600 and the TL2010q and love them both. The 2010 has the bigger harp and I use that mostly for FMQ. The F600 has all the bells and whistles and sews beautifully. Also pricewise the F600 can't beat.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 PM

I don't have any of the machines you speak of but I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Janome. I'm a Babylock girl.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:35 PM

oh my gosh, now I'm getting so excited! I've put some fabric sandwiches together and am going Thursday. I called to warn them (SewingMachinesPlus). My one concern is that the lady i've worked with doesn't do any quilting, so she's looking for different things in a sewing machine than I am. Now my husband has become the voice of doom, saying that all this is going to do is confuse me, trying all the different machines. I've sure gotten a lot more good information from all of you to go on, and I'm sure that will help. My Pfaff is almost back in the box (I can never get things to go back in the way they came out) so I can take it with me when I go in case I bite the bullet, get a new machine and trade the Pfaff in.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Wait, I have another question for all you 7700 owners. Janome has two 7700's, one has the red faceplate thing on it, and the other one is called Janome New Home 7700 or something like that. Which one do you have and what the heck is the difference between the two?!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM
C.

I believe the faceplate can be changed on the 9900. This line of Janome machines are the janome horizons models. And janome has been known for the name new home also. I think it very wise to go sit and try many machines and their features. When one is spending that kind of money, it is good to feel the machine. I also think it is very important to see just how easy it is to use and navigate around. Personally, I have felt for me and many others that the janome are so simple to use compared to some other brands I have tried and seen. But everyone is different, and that is why trying them out yourself and not just watching the sales person do it is the best advice.....
Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM

I just picked up a Janome 8900 QCP demo after reading all the comments on this and other threads. I'm so excited and can't wait until tomorrow to play with it. I am impressed with what it can do: the salesman sewed through a 1/4" piece of leather with a regular needle as well as sewing a seam through several layers of denim material. I had fun sewing through the denim as well as playing with the stitches. It also came with a sew steady-type table and a large number of feet, including a 1/4" foot.

It's replacing my Pfaff Performance 2056. But I agree with C., do your own research and testing to see what meets your needs.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:35 PM

I've had my Juki F600 for a year and love it. I started my search thinking I'd buy the Janome horizon but ended up with 2 Juki's - TL2010Q is my other machine. I could not be happier with this combo. Both are workhorses, stitch beautifully and are easy to operate. No thread issues on either machine and I've yet to touch the tension dial on the F600.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 AM

I have had a 6600 since 2006. I love it. I own several machines, but this is my go to machine for quilting. It is very user friendly and has a perfect stitch. I love the accu-feed feature. I would love to have a 7700, but I can't justify getting a new machine when the 6600 is working so well. I am sure you would love either machine.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 AM

caspharm - congratulations on your new machine!! Be sure to check back to tell us what you think, how it's going, your favorite features, what you are working on, etc.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by nannyrick.com View Post
I have the Juki F600 and the TL2010q and love them both. The 2010 has the bigger harp and I use that mostly for FMQ. The F600 has all the bells and whistles and sews beautifully. Also pricewise the F600 can't beat.
I have these machines also, plus the Janome Horizon 7700. I am not a Pfaff fan, but the Juki's ring my chimes. The motor is so strong and they just run all the time, no probs. I like my 7700, not mad love.