Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: She wants to hang it! Now what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by the casual quilter
    If I have a quilt that is in a temporary location, I hang it with used top stitch machine needles or long arm needles. I push the needles through the upper corners of the quilt and then lightly tap the needles into the wall. I sometimes anchor the lower corners as well. The quilt is not damaged in any way and when the quilt is taken down the wall is not damaged. If you have a long arm quilter that you go to, they will probably be glad to give you some used ones. This is if the walls are made of sheetrock. I wouldn't try this if you wall are plaster.
    This would really scare me in a child's room.

A hand sewn sleeve on the back made of the same backing material would be unnoticeable if she would deicde to use it as a quilt.

Make a sleeve, this quilt is beautiful and deserves to be hung right.

Blog Entries
    Love it!!! The colors are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    I made my grand-neice a scrap-purple quilt that her mom has now decided to hang as THE nursery wallhanging. (I'm very flattered). She's sending the quilt back for me to make a sleeve - or tabs - but now I'm thinking it should be something less permanent. What should I do?
    I got my rod and clips at Bed Bath and Beyond....I don't know if you have that in your area, but it is available online. Beautiful quilt.

Beautiful quilt! I can see why she wants to use it for a wall hanging.

Would the round kitchen plastic rings works someway...? You can sew on and take off run a wooden dowel through wrap picture wire at both ends and hang??? lol

what about the rings with little clips that clasp right onto the top of the quilt.

The rings slid right onto a pole and there it is, hanging beautifully for all to admire.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I found out later that a rod is not practical because it would make the closet door not open all the way. I think I'm going with a sleeve, not going all the way to the edge and with a space in between for a 3rd nail, to be hung "suspended" behind the quilt with the smallest dowel possible. It's also a wood wall and they want as few holes as possible. I hate the shipping both ways, but it should be done right. Thanks for all the advise and compliments.

That's a beautiful quilt. Love the colors

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7