Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Shopping for a NEW IRON.

Blog Entries
    I JUST went thru this whole experience. Checked @ a bunch of Goodwills and cashier lady says irons go FAST. So if you are lucky enough to find one there (which I didn't) BUY IT!!! I ended up with a cheapy from WM that didn't get hot enouf to burn my finger. Back IT went. Then off to BIG LOTS. Found a B & D I thot would be good but they were out of stock. grrrrrrr! went to another Big L , they didn't have the B & D but I bot a Hamilton Beach heavy guy with 1 hour auto shut off for $15.00. Seems to work fine. I use spray bottle and DRY iron for my cottons.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    I have a gravity feed iron. It is wonderful. I wouldn't be without it.
    They sounds very complicted for a non mechanical brain. Is it difficult to use? Tell me more. What brand did you buy and where did you find it?

I'm starting think maybe just an less expensive iron that will actually get "hot" would be all I need.

I have my mother in laws 1949 G.E model and it works fine , makes steam and has a pointed tip. Lucky I guess.Good luck on your hunt.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6