Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Show and Tell at guild meetings

Show em all!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    There is no limit in our guild. One lady shows 6 each month she has made for our Community quilts. It just takes a few minutes. Our entire show and tell only lasts about 20 minutes. The favorite time of the evening for many of us!Mariah
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

I think if you just showed them and said where they are going that's fine. But if you get into where you found the fabric and how you decided on the design, etc etc etc.....( like some people do) limit it to one.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    I think if you just showed them and said where they are going that's fine. But if you get into where you found the fabric and how you decided on the design, etc etc etc.....( like some people do) limit it to one.

This is the way I have been thinking. Thanks for putting it in words so well.

Dina

Everybody I know loves show and tell - the more the merrier - unless the "telling" part gets a little too long winded. Let the quilts speak for themselves and you'll be a big hit!
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Show and tell

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    Take all you want to show and if anyone complains just tell them you would love to see all the quilt projects they've been working on also. I'm curious as to how long the guild meetings last. Does everyone stay for the whole meeting or do they come and go?
    Last year we did a survey among our guild members. Show and Tell was the most popular part of our meeting. People show what they have made recently. No one shows quilts they have made some time ago. So sometimes they show one quilt and sometimes 4. Our guild usually has about 70 out of 100+ attend each month. We show charity quilts too. We usually have announcements, then speaker and then a break, then block of the month, fat quarters, door prizes, etc. The last thing is Show and Tell.
    Our meeting opens up at 6 pm for people to visit various tables: block of the month, monthly fat quarters, any challenges, things to buy, library books, quilts to quilt or bind for charity, etc. Then the meeting starts at 7 pm. In the middle we have a 10 or 15 min. break for snacks and then try to end at 8:30. But lately, it seems to go till about 9. Some people leave at the break, but most stay through the evening. Our meeting was tonight and we must have had 25 people for show and tell. Usually we have about 12 or so.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6