Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Since we're talking about hand-quilting...

I started hand quilting on a whole cloth pattern I designed, marked all the fabric and hand quilted. I spent a couple of months completing it while I worked a full time job. I never counted the hours because I just love quilting it by hand. Now I'm attempting pieced quilts and will probaly be hand quilting unless I can master machine quilting.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread, as I have been wanting to hand quilt a project. Thanks for all the great information. Takes time but I am looking forward to a new challenge.

I followed a few of the suggestions, altered my thimble and got to work! I got a lot done last night! Maybe just maybe I'll actually finish this monster this year! Thanks for the tips!

I just finished a 48x36 and it took a couple weeks, but I spend alot of time at a sitting. I hate to quit. Its the part I can't wait for, so very enjoyable to me. You'd think I could lose weight...but...

Blog Entries
    It's been too long wince I've hand quilted a quilt. Maybe it's time to get one into my hoop :) I've never timed how long it took. I just got pleasantly lost in hand quilting. The time flies by, it's therapuetic for me. You've asked a good question though.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Karen, I'm so glad you got some good tips and got some quilting done. I find it so relaxing and love to have a project going :)

The sad thing is, I thought I was making good time on the quilt but stretched it out and I still have 1/4 of it to do, plus borders! I'll keep stitching though!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7