Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer 160

Singer 160

I just saw this new 160 Ann. Edition Black sewing machine but didn't have the time to see a demo. Does anyone have it and are you enjoying it? It looks so modern.

I bought mine on the Home Shopping Network in January when they were first introduced. I really like it and use it for a lot of my sewing. Does a great job. Jo Ann Fabrics has had it on sale for the last few weeks. A good buy. I got a lot of extras on the home shopping network and the price was right. The hubby said "Merry Christmas!"
    Busy in Ohio

I saw it in JoAnn's and they are on back order. Really want to know if that $349 justifies another machine. I wondered if people are satisfied with it. I went into internet and saw a short clip but it doesn't sound like any machine I have heard before. Will have to find time to go and see a demo...right now having painting done inside and constantly moving stuff around. I do have several other machines and find that I need them all...one is used for machine applique, another for machine quilting, and I'd never give up my Featherweight or 301.

I have two friends that each bought one from HSN, they really like the machine but it's loud when you sew.
    Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granny216 View Post
    I just saw this new 160 Ann. Edition Black sewing machine but didn't have the time to see a demo. Does anyone have it and are you enjoying it? It looks so modern.
    I bought one from HSN and I really like it. It sounds a lot like by Brother CS6000i and uses the same cord and the same feet as the brother. It has a nice extension that is rounded in the front which I like better than the square one on the brother. My walking foot that came with my brother works on the 160 and I have quilted a couple of lap throws on this machine. It goes thru several thicknesses of material with no effort. I have not tried any of the extras that came with the HSN offer, mostly because I do all quilting except for an occasional AG dress for my GD. I actually bought it because I have several of the vintage Singer Black shiny sewing machines and I thought this would be a nice addition but now that I have it I find myself using it quite often. It is fairly lightweight which makes it handy for me to lift with my RA problem.

I have one and really like it.

Blog Entries
    I have sewn on mine very little but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I like the rounded front which helps keep the fabric straight. I haven't done any of the fancy stitches yet except just playing.

Thanks for the comments. I haven't decided on it yet but they said they will give me a nice demo when the new shipment arrives before I buy...