Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer featherweight... >

Singer featherweight...

Singer featherweight...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Evelynquilts
At our recent quilt get together one of the ladies brought in her Singer featherweight...I fell in love with it...I was afraid to ask what she paid for it...Could someone tell me what would be a good price to pay for one? I looked on ebay but they are all different prices.. I see many on this board have one..I don`t want to over pay, but I relly don`t know what would be a fair price...so if any one could give me an idea,I would really appreciate any imput...thank you...
I have seven FW. One of my basic black ones I got off of e-bay for less than $200. My grand prize is a very rare crinkle or godzilla finished FW that I paid $2000 for. That was a bargain as I have seen them go on e-bay for $5000. I also have a refurbished red one (Jezebel) and a refurbished pink one (Miss Pinky). They are sooooo great for piecing.

Another option for vintage and small are the Kenmore 1030 and 1040. They weigh about the same as a FW (give or take a pound) and have a high "cute factor".
Old 12-07-2009, 09:11 AM

You might also check with different sewing machine dealers. They do take them in on trade for new machines. (People just don't know when they have a good thing.) :mrgreen: We resold them for a little more then we paid in trade. Really some good deals to be had. I got mine for $89 and it was overhauled and new belt and anything else it needed.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Google Goddess

wow, I would love to get one