Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I was doing laundry...

The other day I was folding up my daughter's laundry and when folding her shirts, I found that many of them were 100% cotton...they had so many cute prints, none of them the stretchy knit, the way so many cotton kids shirts are now...I don't think I'd even really need to stabilize them, just starch them up! I usually can wait for her to outgrow her clothes, because she does it so fast and I have to shop for her like every 6 months...and now I'm just DYING for her to outgrow them, so I can cut 'em up and make a quilt!!! :lol:

Before I was a quilter, I gave away all of her outgrown clothes. Now, I don't think I could bear to part with them because of the gorgeous quilt I know they will make some day!

If they're stretchy, I would stabilize them.

Lol. Deema, I don't have kids but I have two bags of clothes I can't quite part with (for donation) because I think the fabric has quilt potential!

That would make a wonderful "memory" quilt for your daughter. Using the fabric from her clothes, and perhaps, adding some blocks of pictures of her as she is growing up, or even wearing those clothes.

There is lots of great fabric just waiting to be used in our closets.

Could you imagine, all of us quilters with beautiful quilts and Empty closets! I can see my dh face when I tell him I cut up all my clothes to make a quilt....hahahahahahaha......hahahaha

np3
    Blog Entries
    Too much stretch here!

Blog Entries
    Yep! You will have a beautiful quilt out of those clothes :D DD will love it too :D:D:D

It's the wrong season up here in the top half of the planet, but rummage and garage sales often have children's clothes cheap! They do have some cute prints, if they aren't knit.

I think making your daughter a quilt out of her cotton clothing would be a fabulous idea. If you end up with a mix of fabrics a crazy quilt would work really well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast