Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So now I am curious. Do you use your walking foot for piecing?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-160386-1.htm

This post talks about using your walking foot or not. When I read through it, it appears some people use their walking foot when piecing. I have never done it, never tried it and was totally unaware of it. After 10 years of quilting I find out that is what some people apparently do.

What am I missing out on? I will have to try it out. I love my quarter inch foot though and I guess it would have to go if I want to try the walking foot to piece. I normally only use my walking foot for putting on the binding or quilting straight lines onto the quilt. So how many of you use a walking foot to piece?

Blog Entries
    My machine does the same thing as a walking foot is supposed to do, so I will keep using my 1/4" foot.

My walking foot is big and bulky, I only use it to bind and do rag quilts. I have sewn binding strips together with walking foot, but prefer the regular 1/4" foot.

Blog Entries
    Only if the pattern on the fabric (like a plaid) needs to be matched. Otherwise no. Now if I were using my Pfaff with the built-in walking foot, then yes.

Blog Entries
    On my Janome 6600 I use the walking foot most of the time. With the dual feed I love it for piecing. Have used my Janome 5024 with the walking foot for piecing also. Although I have 1/4" foot for all 3 Janomes I never use them. I have a mark on the presser foot that I use as a guide. Must admit I use my Memorycraft for embroidery ONLY.

Blog Entries
    I have just bought a 1/4" walking foot for my Janome. I'm going to see if it makes a difference sewing over really bulky seams, as a normal 1/4" foot tends to slide off, so you don't get a nice straight seam

I have used my walking foot to piece but really prefer my 1/4"foot.

Yes, I use my Pfaff for piecing and most of my sewing and quilting, it has a built in walking foot (dual feed) which I keep on all of the time. .

Nope. Mine is big, also, and gets in the way of my guage for my 1/4 in. And its slower, and I don't like the sound when its just sewing 2 layers of fabric.

Nope, I use my 1/4" foot, also.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast