Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So now may I introduce - SPAIN!!!!!! >

So now may I introduce - SPAIN!!!!!!

So now may I introduce - SPAIN!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:40 PM

Loved the photos, Izzy. Looks hot and dry!

So how did you wind up moving to Spain from England?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 AM
lin

So many beautiful old buildings. I love the architecture, and there are a lot more diverse landscapes then I would have imagined. Soooo pretty there!! Thanks for posting these Izy. :)
Old 04-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Izy
OMG - tu es una chica muy malo - tee hee!! I bet most of the spaniards were soooo envious!! We have just down the road from us a train station, redudant now, in fact its a restaurant, but NO spaniard will enter it, as it was one of the places where hundreds of people lost their lives to Franco.....they were seriously bad times :cry:
now there's a girl after me own heart. i'd have jumped up and down on it, too, right next to her.

how odd that enough people could ignore the history and national sentiment to keep that restaurant in business. i would have hoped such things would be more important than money and a meal in a tourist trap. what's next? strip malls in auschwitz? :cry:
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by blahel
makes me want to go to spain..maybe you could tell us a bit about life in spain as i would be interested to hear what it is like..
Have you been to all these places and are these all your own photos?
OH I wish I had visited all these places, alas no, though we hope in time to visit the main cities, funds permitting of course!!

These photos were forwarded to me by a close friend, so I won't take credit for them tee hee!!

Old 04-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Harmony
Loved the photos, Izzy. Looks hot and dry!

So how did you wind up moving to Spain from England?
Thats an easy one to answer - Better weather, better lifestyle......do I need to go any further....NO!!!!! :D :D
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by Izy
OMG - tu es una chica muy malo - tee hee!! I bet most of the spaniards were soooo envious!! We have just down the road from us a train station, redudant now, in fact its a restaurant, but NO spaniard will enter it, as it was one of the places where hundreds of people lost their lives to Franco.....they were seriously bad times :cry:
now there's a girl after me own heart. i'd have jumped up and down on it, too, right next to her.

how odd that enough people could ignore the history and national sentiment to keep that restaurant in business. i would have hoped such things would be more important than money and a meal in a tourist trap. what's next? strip malls in auschwitz? :cry:
Patrice, I hear what your saying, but it is more a need to diversify and move forward, this area is in the country and although it is expanding with foreigners the upside is that we are bringing wealth and improvements with us. The locals in general are very welcoming, as until 5-10 years ago this area was very poor, mainly olive production, lemons and oranges. I was so dismayed when it was explained to me why the fields were FULL of orange and lemons groves which we going completely to waste....The cost of the labour to pick the crops cost more than the expected price of the crops, hence they leave them to rot on the trees, and so you maybe can understand why principles are overlooked, and we all know what the world economy is like, and spain has been hit too. :(