Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So. Oregon Quilting Group?

Are there any quilting groups in the Medford or Grants Pass areas? I am interested in joining a group.

Blog Entries
    your LQS may know of some groups

Hate to sound dumb but what is my LQS?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshaC
    Hate to sound dumb but what is my LQS?
    not dumb at all, Local Quilt Shop, took me awhile to figure out the lingo too,

Blog Entries
    I am from Central Valley, CA. My DH surprised me, and took me to Grants Pass for Mother's Day. My daughter that lives in Portland, Oregon met us there. I went to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center on 311 SE 6th St, Grants Pass. They were wonderful and helpful. They have beautiful fabric too. They have a brochure of all the Quilting Shops in Oregon. Hope this will be a great beginning for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    I am from Central Valley, CA. My DH surprised me, and took me to Grants Pass for Mother's Day. My daughter that lives in Portland, Oregon met us there. I went to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center on 311 SE 6th St, Grants Pass. They were wonderful and helpful. They have beautiful fabric too. They have a brochure of all the Quilting Shops in Oregon. Hope this will be a great beginning for you.
    Yes, I go to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center quite often. The gals are so nice and eager to help. Even my DH enjoys going with me because the gals treat him so well!!!

I will have to check it out. Thanks!

I am in So Or and just recently joined the American Sewing Guild. The So Or chapter is very very active and have a lot of neighborhood groups that focus on quilting or doll making, beading, embroidery etc. I am enjoying some of the quilting ones. Medford has two quilting stores, Jacksonsonville has one that I know of, Ashland has one quilting store and a smaller fabric store. So we really have quite a few options. I would be happy to give you more info if you are interested. Where do you live?

Blog Entries
    I live just north of Grants Pass. Been in Grants Pass for 36 years!!! There is Plaza sewing the locals call it "Ricks". I am not sure if there are groups or not, but I am up here in Glendale, 25 miles north of Grants Pass up I-5 and on Tuesdays from noon till 4 or so there are about 6 or 7 women that come to sew, crochet, chat, visit or what have you. There is always someone that is willing to help out anyone that needs help. Please come and join us. It is in Glendale, Get off the freeway at exit 80. Turn left. Go 3 miles go past the mill, cross the railroad tracks to the stop sign. Turn left at the Glenway Grocery store and we are in the old train car (called the train depo.)