Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So what else do you do with your fabric stashes?

Just reading posts about fabric addiction - and seeing my own pile growing -- I know I have to make an apron, no two actually, at least two pillowcases, a library tote, a wetbag, and I can't remember what all else besides quilts.... and I was wondering - what all do you make with your stashes, or is your only loyalty to quilting?

I make garments for my family and tote/grocery bags that I use up my scraps with if they are large but not big enough for another garment. I also make baby clothes from age appropriate fabric.as well as quilting.

I am a jack of all trades and I sew a lot of things, clothes, bags, pillows, curtains, you name it I have probably done it at one time or another.

Dolls. And, probably something else that I can't think of at the moment. It's winter so I'm in blanket mode.

Blog Entries
    I pet mine fairly regularly. When I get crabby my DH sends me to my room to pet my stash. lol

lol Mad!

I used to sew clothes, but since I found quilting, I'll never go back!

I'm with you Iluvtoquilt. I used to sew clothes etc. but now quilting is my passion.

I do fabric decoupage - but most of the time I just like to look at beautiful fabric in nice neat piles like a rainbow in the cupboard.

I do scrappy wall hangings, snippet pictures, ornaments, table runners/pot holders, aprons, doll clothes, vests, decoupage (spell check please), wrap presents with it, make wine bags.. what cant you do with your stash?

I make just about anything out of the fabric I own. My daughter just requested another apron and some pants for two little girls in the process of being adopted (not by her!) in Haiti. I will gladly do these from my stash... among other things when someone needs something I can do.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast