Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what else do you do with your fabric stashes?

Just reading posts about fabric addiction - and seeing my own pile growing -- I know I have to make an apron, no two actually, at least two pillowcases, a library tote, a wetbag, and I can't remember what all else besides quilts.... and I was wondering - what all do you make with your stashes, or is your only loyalty to quilting?

I make garments for my family and tote/grocery bags that I use up my scraps with if they are large but not big enough for another garment. I also make baby clothes from age appropriate fabric.as well as quilting.

I am a jack of all trades and I sew a lot of things, clothes, bags, pillows, curtains, you name it I have probably done it at one time or another.

Dolls. And, probably something else that I can't think of at the moment. It's winter so I'm in blanket mode.

Blog Entries
    I pet mine fairly regularly. When I get crabby my DH sends me to my room to pet my stash. lol

lol Mad!

I used to sew clothes, but since I found quilting, I'll never go back!

I'm with you Iluvtoquilt. I used to sew clothes etc. but now quilting is my passion.

I do fabric decoupage - but most of the time I just like to look at beautiful fabric in nice neat piles like a rainbow in the cupboard.

I do scrappy wall hangings, snippet pictures, ornaments, table runners/pot holders, aprons, doll clothes, vests, decoupage (spell check please), wrap presents with it, make wine bags.. what cant you do with your stash?

I make just about anything out of the fabric I own. My daughter just requested another apron and some pants for two little girls in the process of being adopted (not by her!) in Haiti. I will gladly do these from my stash... among other things when someone needs something I can do.

I just stroke it, and lay it out and look LOL

Banned
    i sew love to make scrappy quilts, so my little stash that i do have goes to them. i used to make clothes as well, but now i'd rather make blankets

I make boxes, bowls, bags and wallets, sew clothing. I just made a knitting needle roll and bed caddies as Christmas gifts. I also make little bags to hold necessaries in the purse and tissue holders. I've also made pillowcases and pillows, doll clothes and just have fun.

Quilting is my only use for my stash.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I pet mine fairly regularly. When I get crabby my DH sends me to my room to pet my stash. lol
    Mine too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I just stroke it, and lay it out and look LOL
    I'm with you Ninnie. Although I do make gift bags, though that is mainly out of tapestry pieces, remnants that the stores toss out.

Most of my fabric pieces are a yard or smaller (usually smaller) so I tend to stick to quilting. I have done napkins, placemats, and such. Does that count?

Mostly for quilting. However last week I pulled out my old Christmas fabrics, one's that I would not use in a quilt because they weren't top quality and made 9 aprons for the ladies in my family for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    I do have other fabrics as well...anything that I find that can be used for costumes as well as other projects that catch my eye :D:D:D

Pillowcases! I just remembered.

I use mine to make pillow cases, pillows, baby clothes, hot pads, placemats and aprons. The hot pads come in handy for birthday presents for friends.

I do a lot of different sewing. I am getting ready to do maternity clothes for my dd.

OH! I did make pot pads (or hot pads, depending on which part of the country you are from) a couple years ago for Christmas.

I like the idea of using fabric that isn't high enough quality for my quilts as apron fabric. Yet I've got some sheer ones that I'm not sure what to do with. If I hold them up, I can see right through them. I didn't pay for the fabric and they look like they're probably 30 years old or older. I may just recycle them into the next Stash for Cash at my local guild and let someone who will love them have them.

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I do have other fabrics as well...anything that I find that can be used for costumes as well as other projects that catch my eye :D:D:D
    Just had to share this pic with someone. Thought this was the perfect occasion!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last year I made two pillowcases for Jim for Christmas. This year I made him four placemats. I also made a horse blanket (for a toy horse) .

LisaT - I just love it!

I have been making bags just to use up some older fabrics that have been agine long enough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast