Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soft n Crafty Poly-fusible batting by Poly-fil questions! >

Soft n Crafty Poly-fusible batting by Poly-fil questions!

Soft n Crafty Poly-fusible batting by Poly-fil questions!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Default Soft n Crafty Poly-fusible batting by Poly-fil questions!

I am making a baby quilt for our 1st grandchild. I bought a package of 1 LOFT. It it fusible but there are no directions and I don't know how to tell what side is fusible? Also do I fuse it to one of the fabrics and then sew right sides together, turn right side out, finish the top and then baste every 2 - 4"? I am so confused and this was the end of the fabric I bought. Do I wash the fabrics first? I NEED HELP! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Sorry, I've only used Hobbs 80/20 fusible batt. I iron the quilt sandwich the way you would prepare it to free motion quilt and then add binding. I don't know about your fusible, try googling the maker to see if they have a web page.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:33 AM

The side with the glue should feel rougher, stickier, look slightly different. Cut a small sample and try it.

As for the other, I think it said good to 4 inches for quilting - so do what you like. Leave enough extra so you can finish as desired. If you have scrap fabric and enough of the batting, experiment. Make a sandwich and try traditional binding.

I've had iron on stabilizer that wasn't too good, so I just used it as sew in and treated it appropriately. Same with iron on batting for jackets. I'd just quilt it down.