Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting shops between Charlottesville and Knoxfield, TN >

Quilting shops between Charlottesville and Knoxfield, TN

Quilting shops between Charlottesville and Knoxfield, TN

Old 10-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Default Quilting shops between Charlottesville and Knoxfield, TN

I'm a new member, visiting from Australia. I'm doing a road trip in November to Knoxfield to attend the retreat at Whistlestop; This starts on Friday and I would like to leave on Thursday and spend one night on the way.

Of course, I would love to visit quilt shops along the way. Not having lived here before I have no idea where to look or what is close to where I will be driving - so I would much appreciate some feedback and advice about this.

Thanking you in advance.

Irene
Old 10-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Two shops in Knoxville that I like are Mammaw's Thimble,4319 Papermill Dr, and Sewing Machines Etc. 8419 Kingston Pike. Also Mountain Creek Quilts, Rt. 411, Greenback, TN. You'll have a beautiful drive this time of year. I haven't been to Whistlestop yet for a retreat. Hope you enjoy your time in the States. The first two shops I mentioned are very close to interstate 40 as you go through Knoxville. Mountain Creek Quilts isn't, but it's a great shop. She carries a lot of wool for applique as well as cotton fabrics. Another nice shop is Pappy's, on 411 east of Maryville. (Between Maryville and Sevierville. There are many others sprinkled around, but these are my faves.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:30 PM

Thank you heronlady
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 PM

There is a shop on your way in Wytheville, VA called Sew What Fabrics/Batiks Etc. It is located in an old house built in 1840s. BTW, I love your work. Auntie Green's Garden is on my list to start next year.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 PM

I love Mammaw's and every time I'm in the Knoxville area I stop there. Wonderful shop with large collection of 1930's and civil war reproduction fabric plus lots and lots of other goodies.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:38 AM

If you go to rowbyrowexperience.com there is a list of shops in TN. (click on getting started) The shop hop is no longer going on but it will give you quite a number of shops. There are several between Sieverville and Chattanooga. Check out any other state you may be traveling through. If you have an iPhone or iPad there is an app from quilters club of america (free) that will find a quilt shop near your location or you can put in the city you are interested in. You have to check to make sure the shop is still open but it does give you a number and often a website link. Enjoy your trip, it is a beautiful time of year here and lots to see along the way.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Stashelf View Post
If you go to rowbyrowexperience.com there is a list of shops in TN. (click on getting started) The shop hop is no longer going on but it will give you quite a number of shops. There are several between Sieverville and Chattanooga. Check out any other state you may be traveling through. If you have an iPhone or iPad there is an app from quilters club of america (free) that will find a quilt shop near your location or you can put in the city you are interested in. You have to check to make sure the shop is still open but it does give you a number and often a website link. Enjoy your trip, it is a beautiful time of year here and lots to see along the way.

thank you everyone for your responses. I'm taking notes!! And thank you Stashelf - the map is very helpful.