Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sold HQ16, waiting on Gammill 22" >

Sold HQ16, waiting on Gammill 22"

Sold HQ16, waiting on Gammill 22"

Old 08-01-2016, 02:51 AM

Default Sold HQ16, waiting on Gammill 22"

I took the plunge. I was so sure and excited when I bought it. But am having lots of second thoughts during the waiting period to actually get it.
I've had the whole range of emotions over it tending to overthink things. It's such a huge investment. It's sad to say, but if I was going to use it to make money it would seem alright.

I know I want it. It's the whole want vs need argument. I know I'll use it. But just for donation and myself. It's probably the first time in my life when "want" won out over "need".

I sure hope it comes this week or I might just tell her to keep it.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

I hope you are delighted with your new machine and everything works out!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 AM

I felt the same way while we were waiting for our LA to arrive. I'm so glad I didn't back out. We only use ours for ourselves and charity also. Have lots of fun.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I felt the same way while we were waiting for our LA to arrive. I'm so glad I didn't back out. We only use ours for ourselves and charity also. Have lots of fun.
Thanks. That's good to know. Hopefully this week.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:09 AM

You are just having buyer's remorse which most of us experience with any large purchase. You are going to love your machine so instead of fretting over it, figure out which of your quilts you are going to quilt first!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:12 AM

How long are they making you wait ? (from order placement to delivery?)
Old 08-01-2016, 07:28 AM

I was quite happy with my 18" stretched Juki and then I went to a quilt show with some friends and they directed me to the Innova booth which one of them had. We had the same robotic system though. Wasn't in the market for a new, larger system but once I got to play with the Innova I was hooked. Came home with the brochures to drool over and mentioned it to my mother who was living with me at the time. A couple weeks later she came to me and told me to order the system and get whatever else I wanted with it up to a certain amount. I thought she was crazy and even waited a couple days before asking her again about it. She was serious so I jumped at the chance and I now have the Innova 26", 12' frame with LS and some other additives.

I quilt only for myself and occasionally a friend or two but never for money. It is worth it to me...........by all means..YES. Is it alot of money for just a hobby since I don't hire out.........YES. But since I can't take it with me I might as well enjoy it while I can. Plus by ordering some of the other options, if and when I decide to sell it, I shouldn't have too many problems in doing so........as long as I keep it up.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=Jane Quilter;7616629]How long are they making you wait ? (from order placement to delivery?)[/QUOTE
I ordered it on July 8th.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 AM

snooze2978: Don't you live in APQS country? Your story helped me to get back to where I was when I decided to get it. Well, except it would be a lot easier to justify with someone else paying for it. ha
Old 08-01-2016, 04:23 PM

sval, enjoy your new machine when she arrives.

I bought a new to me HQ 16 and am loving her to bits. I plan in three years to sell her and upgrade to a newer or brand new LA. I have not decided which brand yet.

I firmly believe that if our bills are paid and our house in order (metaphorically as well as physically) we can spend our money as we wish. If you are financing your machine, you will have done so knowing your budget can afford the payments.

You will get years of enjoyment out of your new machine.