Okay, a little contact paper I found these items now have a second useful life.
1. Square icecream plastic tubs: My buttons are now neatly stacked and stored by colors.
2. Oatmeal round containers: Zippers, velcro, ribbon ends, salvage edges (or crumbs.
3. Zippered pen/pencil holders for notebooks: Pens, marking pens, seam rippers, small rulers
4. Shoe Boxes: Perfect with for patterns, projects (UFOS)
5. Paper bags from stores (like Bath and Body Works) with handles: Keeps my projects, supplies, patterns, etc. all in one easy to grab project and go place.
I am sure that there are dozens of other ideas I hope that everyone shares. I have been buying plastic container forever and when we move or I reorganize it seems that they are no longer useful and I am left with expensive plastic containers I sell at a yard sale at next to nothing only to wish months later I had them. Now all I don't feel so guilty if I have to throw them away after a while.