Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: stress caused me to sew the block the wrong way up ahhhhhhhh

Is it just me?,,,but we are having a bit of stress and problems within the family and today i ended up sewing my card trick block the wrong way round. Much to my disappointment i got quiet upset as quilting is normally my stress buster but not today so i have had to lay the sewing needle and thread down for a while in case i do it again
    Anyone ever done this???

Been there, done that. No matter what the task, I have more accidents when stressed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bev195000
    Is it just me?,,,but we are having a bit of stress and problems within the family and today i ended up sewing my card trick block the wrong way round. Much to my disappointment i got quiet upset as quilting is normally my stress buster but not today so i have had to lay the sewing needle and thread down for a while in case i do it again
    Anyone ever done this???

Blog Entries
    Sure, this happens to many of us at some time. Take a deep breath, find something no so detailed to do and go back to it in a bit. I hope your stess lessens soon and that you can find your usual comfort in quilting. Hugs to you.

Blog Entries
    No, heavens no, it is not just you! Everyone does that. My accidents have historically happened in the kitchen, not at the sewing machine! There should be a rule that grandmothers teach: Never use sharp implements or work on something difficult when you're stressed.

Hope you're feeling better!

That is how my day is going, I am trying to finish up the block quilt I have been working on, but all my technology has decided that I needed a break today. I will be glad when it is back on task. I also find when I am stressed I can not make color choices, let alone sewing a seam. So I will wait, and try again later.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh no, you aren't the only one! I finally learned to put it down, but it took a lot of frustration and gentle coaxing from my hubby to realize it was the right thing to do.
    Be gentle with yourself,dear!

Thank you everybody for your lovely replies it means so much to have such lovely words from people on this forum.
    I have looked at this block today and it is just a bit of unpicking to do so not so bad..
    Wouldn't life be wonderful if it had a few more days without any worries,troubles,or problems

Blog Entries
    Try doing just that about 8 times on the same two rows....that's what I did just a few days ago. It will get better.