Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Such a "Fraidy Cat" >
  • Such a "Fraidy Cat"

• Such a "Fraidy Cat"

Old 06-01-2015, 06:40 PM
    Power Poster

Sew fabric without thread. That will get you over the jitters.
    Old 06-01-2015, 06:51 PM

make her your friend jump in and enjoy the ride
    Old 06-02-2015, 03:10 AM

When I got my Sweet 16 a few months ago, I made up a dozen or so practice sandwiches in various sizes and just went to town practicing. It's all about practice, practice practice!! I've been slowly finishing up the mountain of UFO's I had. I still practice for awhile on it before I put an actual project on it. You will really love that machine once you play with it. Just doodle around on practice sandwiches and you'll get the hang of it. Have Fun !!
    Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
    For most things I'm like maminstl. If I wanted enough to buy it, then I definitely wanted it enough to use it.

....did you not " try" it where you purchased it? That should have been your " I'm afraid" moment,,,,,,now it should be " let's roll up our sleeves and go for it"

Someone said you have a free lesson owed you.....go ASAP!

I don't understand how one could invest money in a thing then have it sit in a corner until.........unless one has experienced a life altering situation.
    Old 06-02-2015, 04:19 AM
    Power Poster

I don't understand how one could invest money in a thing then have it sit in a corner until.........unless one has experienced a life altering situation.
    Sometimes I buy something I want to have but don't won't to use it right away. Like my new floor steamer. Bought it and it was several months before I wanted to invest time into figuring it out.
    Old 06-02-2015, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Sometimes I buy something I want to have but don't won't to use it right away. Like my new floor steamer. Bought it and it was several months before I wanted to invest time into figuring it out.
    That makes sense. But a floor steamer is no fun...a sewing machine is tons of fun!

I'm with the others telling you to jump right on in! Don't be nervous, be excited! This is your new toy, play with it and have some fun!
    Old 06-02-2015, 05:39 AM

So far, the only "machine" that intimidated me was the first home computer I bought years ago. I think that was because our IT people at work made the staff feel incompetent. After a few weeks, I realized that I paid for my home computer and if I broke it I could pay to have it fixed ... not the end of the world. Go for it!! You will probably be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you take to your new machine.
    Old 06-02-2015, 05:58 AM

I have moments like that when I haven't used my quilting machine for awhile. It just steps that one big step to get back into it and then you're thinking.........."why did it take me so long to get into it?????" Its been a week again for me due to company coming so now I have to take that "one big step" again to get back into the swing again. Let's jump together????
    Old 06-02-2015, 07:02 AM

I can relate to you, I have a Tin Lizzie sitting on a frame that I can not get going - I think it's me, then when I try, the thread doesn't come up - I am thinking it's the timing - the size of the machine prevents me from taking it to get repaired
    Old 06-02-2015, 07:35 AM

I think I did better on mine before I took the lessons! The first little practice pieces looked great. Then I took the lessons, got a "good job" from the instructor, and came home to do bigger things. Now I have puckering problems. I know it's operator error and I'll get it right eventually but it is frustrating.