Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions for pillow forms?

Quote Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
    I've used bed pillows for forms before. Use the cheapies, as you will be "chopping" it up. Take the pillow by the short end and shove the stuffing all down into the other end. Once you have enough "clearance" run the empty part of the pillowcase through the sewing machine at the place where you want to cut it. Once you've sewn it across a couple of times, cut off the extra fabric. Redistribute the stuffing so it is even and presto !! Nice, thick, soft, cheap pillow form

Neat idea! I was just pricing pillow foams at Joann's and they were way to expensive.

I vote for quilting it first. If it was mine, I would quilt over every seam since it would be getting washed several times.

Beautiful bargello! May we see the whole quilt - pretty please?

the other posters have all had good ideas!!! I LOVE your bargello!!! Beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Definately look at stores that sell home goods such as pillows. Even the discount or close out stores will have them, sometimes fairly cheap. Or if you have a shop that recovers furniture. These guys can be a good resource also.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
    Just make it into a pillow case or sham to fit a standard size pillow and then it could be easily washed and quickly dried as I'm sure he will be using it a lot. By the way, your pattern and colors are beautiful.

Great idea on the pillow case. And, again, I'd much prefer the bed pillow over a throw pillow.

You can still make it more like a sham and remove it easily to wash.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2