Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Teach Me Please-paperpiecing from photo image >

Teach Me Please-paperpiecing from photo image

Teach Me Please-paperpiecing from photo image

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Yes, JeanneZ, I was thinking a rolling hill or mountains in the distance too (I was raised in Colorado) but not sure what fabric I want to pull that from. Just got home and plan to sew this evening. Once the iron gets going on landscape, a lot more will come together I am sure. Also need to fuzzy cut more places; golly that will make it a bear to free motion the piece but I guess one does not know what will come about until you put the pedal to the metal. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 PM

I just went to this site and there is a link but it is in the description so is hard to see. I love this method and want to do this when I get time and space.
Lynda
I didn't read all posts so maybe someone already told you this.

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Ah-h shucks, I tried downloading her free train pattern and site will not give me a link to it. Perhaps it has been taken down. In any event, this is the type of quilting I want to accomplish and after making more than one hundred quilts over five years, I think I can do it. Stay tuned quilters......maybe I will just give it a try this afternoon and have a laugh for you later this week.

Nothing like just taking my boots off and stepping into the ring of quilting fire. Afterall, like my dh says, do not be afraid of cutting up fabric because I am sure the store has plenty more. Love that understanding guy.....but then again, FOOTBALL season is upon us. I am laughing all the way to my LQS.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Thanks for your input, lwbuchholz
I did get into the site and they wanted me to release all the rights to my photos so they could use them anyplace they chose. Well, I kind of wanted to keep that for myself so did not join. Guess I need to post my landscape quilt again. See bottom of page 4. I am ditching the church because it just is not in proportion and have added a barn in the distance. Sure is fun playing with pieces of fabric.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:28 AM

Wow I didn't have to do that. I downloaded the train with no problem. The other design I didn't want so I didn't even try to download that. I admire your work. I would love to try this but I do need more time and space. It goes on my "when I retire" list.
Lynda

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Thanks for your input, lwbuchholz
I did get into the site and they wanted me to release all the rights to my photos so they could use them anyplace they chose. Well, I kind of wanted to keep that for myself so did not join. Guess I need to post my landscape quilt again. See bottom of page 4. I am ditching the church because it just is not in proportion and have added a barn in the distance. Sure is fun playing with pieces of fabric.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:38 AM

All Thumbs it looks great - I didn't read through all the posts, but just wanted to mention that Electric Quilt does have some tools you could use to create a pattern like this in case no one else mentioned it. I am making a pictorial quilt of my daughters using a combination of the program and enlarging their picture on an old overhead machine. I have EQ6 but I hear EQ7 has even more options.