Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Teflon "slider" sheets - even remotely worth the price?

Teflon "slider" sheets - even remotely worth the price?

I get neck & shoulder fatigue when I'm quilting, even with wearing grippy gloves, so I'm debating trying out one of those stick-on teflon slider sheets for my machine. But they're so darn expensive!!

Are they even remotely worth the price? Do they help that much? I swear it'd almost be cheaper just to get a massage after I'm done sewing for the night!

Anybody have any other tips or tricks that might help? I try to remember to relax and rotate my shoulders periodically but I tend to focus so much on what I'm sewing that I completely forget everything else. I even tried a timer but I just slap the off button and keep sewing, because it goes off at just the "wrong" time, every time! LOL

Here is one topic on this subject that might be helpful. I know there were others I have seen too...try searching for slider or teflon slider. Supreme Slider Question...

I bought one from Leah Day and I don't care for it. It slides, may work for small things but, I don't make small things.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
    Here is one topic on this subject that might be helpful. I know there were others I have seen too...try searching for slider or teflon slider. Supreme Slider Question...
    Oh, thanks Treasureit! I don't know why I didn't think to search, of COURSE it's already been talked about on here - duh!

Lots of good ideas in that thread, I think I might try a couple of the free/cheap ideas people posted before I go spend an arm & a leg on the name brand solution.

I can't find mine right now. Quilting isn't any different from when I used to use it.
    Don't bother.

Sounds like what I really need is robot arms and shoulders that never tire out! LOL (oh, if only!)

I
    Ove it for free motion quilting. I bought a silicone baking sheet. Much less expensive.

I bought an oven liner mat at Wal-Mart for 5.00. Cut the hole for the needle , taped under the machine.

I went to JoAnns and bought a large piece (I think a yard-yard and half) of heavy vinyl. I have this spread out over the cabinet of my Singer 15-91 when I am quilting. I think it has really helped keep things moving along. And WAY cheaper than a super slider!

Yes they are worth the 20 dollars. makes life easy and you can use them over and over so I am not sure why people consider them expensive

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast