Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thangs I lerned this weekend

Blog Entries
    I LOVE this place!!!

ROFLMBO

I don't think it was pork. My girlfriend and I went and we are both sick--she's worse than me, at home in bed. But I am trying to stick it out--no paid sick leave and don't want to give up vac pay to be sick. We didn't eat anything at the show--just coffee and a muffin, so the germs were in the air. Batiks ar really HOT this year! Every other quilt that I saw ther had been done using batiks--soooo pretty! Hope you get better soon. :D

what is ROFLMBO somebody please educate me

Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    what is ROFLMBO somebody please educate me
    Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Butt Off.

tim in san jose (see, I did learn something in engineering school)

Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter

2.) Got two blocks done on my Flying Geese Quilt. With the method I am using, you start with a rectangle and two squares, sewing them together on the bias, then trimming the extra triangles off. Works well, my points are almost perfect. As I finished each Goose, I unpinned the remainder triangles and piled them up. Duh! Leave the suckers pinned and sew your 1/4 inch line down the bias. HST already lined up and conveniently in the size I need for some border motif.

tim in san jose (one block at a time)
    Duh! A little too late in the project I realized you don't cut the triangles off and then sew down the bias! You sew the first line (for the Geese) then you sew a parallel line 1/2 inch away. Cut the point off then halfway between the sewn lines. You have your HST DONE.

Idjit.

tim (wastin time on a Friday afternoon) in san jose

Norah
    It's not funny, but I laughed till I turned blue, Just the whole scene and thought of her (True comment at the right time).

oh , all right all though i'm sure if i would have ask my 9 yr old he would have told me . i just wasn't sure if that was something i wanted to ask him.thanks for educating me. tia sarah

2.) Got two blocks done on my Flying Geese Quilt. With the method I am using, you start with a rectangle and two squares, sewing them together on the bias, then trimming the extra triangles off. Works well, my points are almost perfect. As I finished each Goose, I unpinned the remainder triangles and piled them up. Duh! Leave the suckers pinned and sew your 1/4 inch line down the bias. HST already lined up and conveniently in the size I need for some border motif.

Duh! A little too late in the project I realized you don't cut the triangles off and then sew down the bias! You sew the first line (for the Geese) then you sew a parallel line 1/2 inch away. Cut the point off then halfway between the sewn lines. You have your HST DONE.

Idjit.

All Hail The Flying Geese Lord!!! He rains supreme... Finally!! :lol:

Idjit.

AH, but we can be trained... even Tim. :lol:

Norah, you are hilarious! I too am ROFLMBO!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast