Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: There really are ugly quilts

Banned
    I've always told the ladies in my quilting group there is no such thing as an ugly quilt cause we all have different taste. Today I realized I was wrong. I usually start a quilt with a pattern in mind but I'm trying to make a quilt for one of the firemen quilts requested on the board. I changed it 3 times and again had to stop and realized this really is ugly. Ugly quilts do exist. Oh well thought I'd share. Back to the drawing board before all my masculine fabric is wasted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    love the koi, needs some quilting and it'll be great

Personally, I don't think it is ugly. If it is quilted right, it could be amazing!

You call that UGLY??? Not me! Maybe the border could be a little more matchy, but there is nothing the matter with it!

By the time someone gets it, who cares! They will just be happy to have something personal.....

Firemen like fish right???? nothing ugly about this.

I too have given quilts to my LA quilter & said, This is an ugly quilt. I'm hoping you can help it.'. She came thru. Quilting will help. Personally I like this beginning.

Love the top. With the right quilting this will be beautiful.

It's the outer border-color mostly. You could tie it in to the quilt a bit more by appliqueing another fish in the blank area outside the box--like it escaped!

That is really neat quilt and once it is quilted it will look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhillslady
    I've always told the ladies in my quilting group there is no such thing as an ugly quilt cause we all have different taste. Today I realized I was wrong. I usually start a quilt with a pattern in mind but I'm trying to make a quilt for one of the firemen quilts requested on the board. I changed it 3 times and again had to stop and realized this really is ugly. Ugly quilts do exist. Oh well thought I'd share. Back to the drawing board before all my masculine fabric is wasted.
    Now, I honestly don't see one ugly thing about that quilt! I think you were right to tell the ladies there is no such thing as an ugly quilt. It is all in the eyes of the beholder, and this beholder thinks your quilt is pretty and obviously well made. When it is quilted, you may even change your mind......be proud! :)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast