Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thimble Blossoms All-a-Flutter pattern question of block size >

Thimble Blossoms All-a-Flutter pattern question of block size

Thimble Blossoms All-a-Flutter pattern question of block size

Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 AM

Default Thimble Blossoms All-a-Flutter pattern question of block size

I have this pattern but if you could see my sewing room [mess] you would understand why I cannnot find it ! I made it once with the same fabrics on the pattern --twin size for my daughter. I saw some new layer cakes at the quilt store and bought two packs as I want to make it for my queen size bed. I looked at the pattern at the store but didn't look to see what size block they sew up...9 or 10 or 12 inch? I keep saying that I want to organize that room but keep starting new projects !!
This is a fun pattern as you cut each 10" piece just so...hardly a scrap left...although as I cut out the pieces I remember that I could sew up some of the pieces "my way". I'm trying to figure out how much background fabric I need also as the pattern only makes a twin size !
Thanks to anyone who can help me...as I"m anxious to start this because, of course, I haven't finished the kit I bought from Craftsy yet...but I'm almost finished the blocks !!
Attached Thumbnails photo-5-.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Googled the pattern. It says Finished Quilt is 66” x 80”. If the border fabrics and the sashing all finish at 2" (so 2 6 inch borders, 3 sashing strips) this would be 18" for borders & sashing. If the quilt is 66", and you subtract 18", then you have 48" left for the blocks, or four 12" blocks.
to double check, you have 20" in borders & sashing the long way. This leaves 60" for 5 blocks. Again a 12 inch block.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 04-03-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Thank you...I had seen that info but I was actually trying to draw up a quilt in EQ6 . . Anyway I just went on my 6th "hunt" and found the pattern...with my notes on cutting large and trimming down..Was glad I found it as cutting out exact measurements and trying to sew them perfectly drives me nuts. You are right the blocks measure out 12.5" unf....now I can EQ it !!...thanks again !!
Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

yep, i figured 12 too. easy math that way.