Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thimble for long nails

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    This is a rather expensive thimble but, for me, it was well worth every cent. I've never been able to use a thimble before and now I can't sew without it.

http://www.thatperfectstitch.com/products.html
    that is soooooooooooooooo not the thimble i pointed her toward. Holy Smoke! I'd have to find a sugar daddie to afford one of those. LOL
    :shock:

or maybe 2 or 3 :!:

Yep! But I'll never have to buy another thimble! And it works!! I didn't get the sterling thimble though! :cry:

Not one of the others thimbles that I've tried over the years would stay on my finger.

My battle cry is, "That's why I worked for 31 years!" And as long as I don't do it too often... Sigh! It did take a chunk out of my fabric $$$!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    Yep! But I'll never have to buy another thimble! And it works!! I didn't get the sterling thimble though! :cry:

Not one of the others thimbles that I've tried over the years would stay on my finger.

My battle cry is, "That's why I worked for 31 years!" And as long as I don't do it too often... Sigh! It did take a chunk out of my fabric $$$!
    (1) I'm sure you're worth it
    (2) If it keeps you from sticking yourself and bleeding all over your hard work, then it's worth it, too.

www.keepsakequilting.com
    I've seen them in the catalog I get in the mail.

Good website I just might order one of theirs

Hey Debbie,
    Day late and a dollar short, but, Clotilde's has some great open thimbles. I have some stick on thimbles I'll send you if you want them. I can't use them, they bother me. I used to have scuplture nails, but quilting is more fun. lol lol

I'm having tough time typing.....sewed my index finger the other night. First time in 50 years of sewing to do anything so dumb. Because I'm a touch typist not a hunt and peck, I may get some keys wrong, sorry id the words don't come right.

Sharon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    Hey Debbie,
    Day late and a dollar short, but, Clotilde's has some great open thimbles. I have some stick on thimbles I'll send you if you want them. I can't use them, they bother me. I used to have scuplture nails, but quilting is more fun. lol lol

I'm having tough time typing.....sewed my index finger the other night. First time in 50 years of sewing to do anything so dumb. Because I'm a touch typist not a hunt and peck, I may get some keys wrong, sorry id the words don't come right.

Sharon
    psssssssssst!!!! c'mere. i'll tell you a secret.

i use the underside of my sculptured nails like thimbles. otherwise, they wouldn't be worth the expense. (which reminds me ... i need a new set. LOL)

Pssssssst. Mine are fake too and I've done the same thing with mine. We went to an auction last weekend and I was so excited they had an old wardrobe closet up for auction. I had to sit there for 3 hrs waiting for it to come up and I sat there and picked and pulled at my nails til they all came off. Oh God I hate myself when I do that. It went for $360. Of which I couldn't afford but I did get some vintage embroidered linen hand towels. I love antiques.

Either Herrschners or Joann's sells these leather thimbles that has a slit cut in it for long fingernails to go through. I don't remember the brand but I have one and use it a lot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast