Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which thread is better?

Blog Entries
    I wasn't super impressed with the Connecting Threads thread-I've had a ton of linting and some shredding with it. I do still use some because it's inexpensive when I need colors-I just make sure to clean my bobbin area twice as often. I prefer Aurifil 50wt for piecing. I buy it on ebay.

Blog Entries
    I have used all brand of thread. I am using Aurifil now because I found a clearance sale online several years ago and bought the huge cones of it in different weights. The dealer added several cones for free of odd colors. I don't think I'll ever use up one of the 17,000 mm cones! Or ever have to buy thread again. I even have 80 wt Aurifil which is the best bobbin thread I have ever used. I buy Connecting Thread thread kits for the colors and for gifts. If you find a clearance out sale on a good name brand thread buy all you can afford! It will only get higher in price.
    Got fabric?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2