Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: thread storage/carrier

I am starting to purchase threads for hand quilting and am looking for suggestions on who sell a fabric carrier/holder that holds threads, needles etc. I saw one somewhere that kind of rolls up for transport.

Any ideas?

thanks

I use a small tin that candy came in to separate my hand quilting thread from the others. This was the easy way to do it for me.

Why not make one?
    I have been compiling links to all sorts of sewing and quilting projects online and one of the categories is sewing organizers :) I began to make one last weekend. I was almost finished with it and had to pack up the sewing group for the day to meet up with my family for dinner :( I'll get it finished one of these days...

Here's a link to the page that has craft room tutorial links. Maybe you can find one you like and make a storage container?
    http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/cra...ing-links.html

thanks for the link looks like it has great stuff and I will explore it more. At this time I was just hoping to purchase one before my new threads get spread out everywhere.

Thanks for the idea

I hear you on that :)
    I use a rectangle shaped tin that I picked up at a second hand store. It had a really pretty design on the front that I fell in love with - hedgehogs of all things! - and that's what I keep regular spools of thread in. I will be needing to get a new tin or make a container for my nicer threads now that I am buying decent thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    Why not make one?
    I have been compiling links to all sorts of sewing and quilting projects online and one of the categories is sewing organizers :) I began to make one last weekend. I was almost finished with it and had to pack up the sewing group for the day to meet up with my family for dinner :( I'll get it finished one of these days...

Here's a link to the page that has craft room tutorial links. Maybe you can find one you like and make a storage container?
    http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/cra...ing-links.html
    They sure have the idea for everything at this site

Quote Originally Posted by texas granny
    They sure have the idea for everything at this site

Heh heh heh I aim to please lol. I keep adding more and more categories. When I am feeling like not doing much of anything at all I think up a topic and then go for it :D

I use a match box holder! I don't know if they make them anymore, but they use to sell a clear plastic box with compartments for matchbox cars! It's perfect to hold spools of thread!

Quote Originally Posted by MZStitch
    I use a match box holder! I don't know if they make them anymore, but they use to sell a clear plastic box with compartments for matchbox cars! It's perfect to hold spools of thread!
    that's what I use. I think I got it in the craft section at Hobby Lobby, but you can find them anywhere. I think people use them for embroidery thread etc. works great for my needle turn applique threads.

Mine is on a rack that hangs on the wall. It's not portable though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast