Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Timing for my Dear Jane Quilt - Am I crazy? >

Timing for my Dear Jane Quilt - Am I crazy?

Timing for my Dear Jane Quilt - Am I crazy?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:05 AM

Go for it -- it is always good to have goals and timelines--they can help keep you motivated! Keep us posted on your progress. I only have 4 blocks done so mine will be years in the making.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
You're sure about that?

Your blocks are lovely! Are you planning to do QAYG? Makes life a bit easier I think. I just started hand quilting for the very first time and I love it. It's a huge learning curve and it takes a lot of time.
So I would say: go for it, you can do it ! ! !
ahem!!!!!!!!!!

BTW MK ... I may not be a used car salesman, but I do happen to know one quite well, from just over on York Rd!

MaryK .... Anael is far too humble ... take a look at her maiden hand quilting. And she is zooming right along there!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t199791.html

For the birth ... obviously, start at the beginning.
The hand quilting starts towards the end posts.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Do you need more fabrics? I can send you some
Well thank you for the offer. I think I can find enough if I REALLY go thru my stash (and my closets)
I guess I'm committing to this time line. And I will keep you posted.
MaryKatherine
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM

Of course you can do it, just allocate your time and you will be surprised how much you can get done.

QuittE is an excellent enabler to have encouraging you along.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress
Old 05-28-2014, 01:45 PM

I don't know the answer but your blocks are beautiful!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:29 PM

Good luck with your mission - if your really committed - then go for it ! Your blocks look lovely. I have loved doing my DJ - you can see it on the link below - BUT I haven't got a deadline. I just have a few more triangles to join up and then attach them to the blocks - which are all sashed and joined together.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 AM

I think your blocks are beautiful. I look at the DJ BOMs offered by several quilt shops and think about it, then decide "Not yet." Will I ever do one. Who knows. But I have so much admiration for those who have made one of these quilts, because it truly is a commitment. This sounds like something you really want to do, so I say go for it.

To see if it's do-able, you need to calculate how many blocks you will need to do daily. Then, if you think you can meet your daily goal, go for it. Take the number of blocks still to be completed, including the outside triangles. Then add the total number of blocks again, because you will be hand quilting each one. Then divide that number by 365, which will give you the number of blocks you will need to piece and/or quilt daily. If you are already doing that many blocks, you shouldn't have any trouble. And there may be days when you can do one or two more, which will balance out the days that you do one or two less.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
I think your blocks are beautiful. I look at the DJ BOMs offered by several quilt shops and think about it, then decide "Not yet." Will I ever do one. Who knows. But I have so much admiration for those who have made one of these quilts, because it truly is a commitment. This sounds like something you really want to do, so I say go for it.

To see if it's do-able, you need to calculate how many blocks you will need to do daily. Then, if you think you can meet your daily goal, go for it. Take the number of blocks still to be completed, including the outside triangles. Then add the total number of blocks again, because you will be hand quilting each one. Then divide that number by 365, which will give you the number of blocks you will need to piece and/or quilt daily. If you are already doing that many blocks, you shouldn't have any trouble. And there may be days when you can do one or two more, which will balance out the days that you do one or two less.
Some blocks go together a lot more easily than others!!!!