Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TinLizzie Aprentice 18 inch long arm >

TinLizzie Aprentice 18 inch long arm

TinLizzie Aprentice 18 inch long arm

Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 PM

Smile TinLizzie Aprentice 18 inch long arm

I am looking at purchasing this machine or the Block Rockit. They are in the same price range and one I can afford to get but I need help making a choice. Does anyone have this machine? Would you buy it again? Any issues with it? I have heard a lot about the Block rockit having tension problems. I tried this machine out when they first came out and did have problems with the tension but thought that now, that problem might have been fixed. Both of these will work on my frame. I usually just quilt for myself, family and I do a lot of blankets for Linus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

I would go with the one whose dealer can give you the best support.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:08 PM

I bought the TinLizzie Apprentice with 12 foot Pheonix frame last December. I bought from an on-line store, on the other side of the country from me ...... so me and my husband had to set it up ourselves. The "instruction manuals" were horrid. Thankfully, my husband is a top-notch handy man and was able to figure everything out. Also, having bought from a vendor so far away from me, there was no training provided. There are pros and cons to this. I have really got to know the machine but have had several frustrating moments!!! I watched a multitude of YouTube videos.... thank goodness for the Internet or I would have been in a terrible way.

I played around with it initially on a "test" quilt sandwich (cut a sheet in half with batting in between) just to get familiar with it. After I got a few kinks worked out of the machine and the frame, I am loving how it is stitching. It has excellent lighting and I love the "tie off" feature. I am about to finish my first queen size quilt and am extremely happy with how it has performed. Also.... another cool feature, because the bed of the machine is a bit larger than typical longarms, I have been able to use my regular quilting rulers for straight line quilting!!! Love that!

Not only was it reasonably priced, the final selling point for me was that everything is under warranty (bumper-to-bumper) for one year.

All that being said, I highly recommend to purchase it from a vendor that is close to you so that they can:
1. Deliver and set it up.
2. Provide you some hands on training.
3. Provide you timely support.

Good luck!!!