Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's sewing

Donna, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying "getting back" into quilting! Sounds like you have been busy sewing up a storm.
    Would love to see some pics of your projects! :)

Quote Originally Posted by mmonohon
    A whole day to sew....I am so jealous.
    Me too!! I am glad that you go to do this though.

:thumbup:

Donna, glad to hear you are getting better. Hope each day brings more improvements. Would love to see pictures if it works out later.

What is your go as you cut style quilting. Sounds interesting and fast. I am all for getting things done quickly, as I love to see the finished designs.

Way to go Donna! May you continue to heal. They tell me at the cancer center that "Love Heals." I believe that and I also believe that quilting gives us a feeling of peace when we create beautiful things.

Lucky you, what a FUN day!

Congratulations soo proud of you!

I love football! It's my time to sew with the sound of the game in the background and my loved ones home. Ahhh...

Quote Originally Posted by TN Donna
    Since I had my Thanksgiving dinner Saturday I had the whole day to sew-yes all day. I made four table runners and got two of them quilted. I cut these out by hand. Every square, triangle and strip. I wish I could do pictures but I am not able to right now. I am on a borrowed computer and do not have things all hooked up. I am telling you I made one up in my go-as you-cut style and made it for my daughter. It is in greens and a yellow/orange Afternoon Tea print and it is beautiful. If they were my colors she would never know I made it for her.

I used to sew and quilt, but I have had two real bad head injuries from falls in the past 5 years and things are slowly coming back to me. I knew when I started quilting that I had done it before. I just knew how to handle the material and all too easily. It was so much fun.
    I am so happy to hear that you are getting your skills back. Just take it slowly and you will do fine. Congratulations! :thumbup: Jan

i so understand the head injuries. i also had 2 TBIs one was brain surgery. lost 30 years of my memory. so glad my grandmother taught me to sew when i was a kid. that and my ability to do bead work and other crafts. all came back but it was slow going. hang in there and keep doing. the more you do the more will come back.
    sending you healing energy and prayers.
    beverly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast