Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: traditional or art Quilts???

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Those are the cutest blocks!!
    I am in love with them
    Do you mind telling us where you found the patterns?

Very cute quilt blocks!!You did a great job on those!
    Guess I would have to call myself a traditional quilter as I mostly make the "old fashioned looking quilts" even though I do also like the more modern one's when I see them all made up. Just don't think I know how to pick the right color and fabric or pattern for the modern look. :cry:

Love your quilt blocks, especially Oscar (he was always my favorite). I like the embellishments-the fur and hair. Great job. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Please post a picture when you finish.

Your Sesame Street guys are adorable!! I love how you used the fake fur. Oscar is my fav, too!

ETA- For the person looking for a pattern for Sesame Street characters- I made my son an Elmo quilt and I used a coloring book and just enlarged the picture. Then I used flannels and fleece to cut the shapes out of and appliqued them on.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your blocks are GREAT! I adore them.

Wonderful Muppet blocks. Welcome from a traditional quilter whose goal is to make as many of the traditional blocks as she can. (I can dream, can't I?) I have made one landscape quilt wall hanging.

Your blocks are adorable. I have been doing this for 40 years and have tried everything. I have boxes and trunks full of my work. It ranges from placemats to queensize quilts. While my greatest love is the handquilting process I also love playing with the decorative stitches on my machines and wonderful fancy threads etc. I have a twin size quilt I made with some of my collection of oriental fabrics that is done crazy quilt style using embroidered pieces as the center of each block. It is also embelished with everything I could think of. The last border is made of dimensional half circles of red sateen fabric to resemble oriental coins.
    Quilting is what ever you want it to be. I have seen works that incorporated metal, plastic and even wood.
    It doesn't have to be your grandmother's blanket.

I just love your sesame street characters, you really captured them! They are wonderful!!

I, too, am a more traditional quilter, but I LOVE your Sesame Street blocks. They are fantastic and you did a wonderful job. Love the different textured fabrics you used. Some child is going to be soooo lucky!

First, your work is wonderful no matter what category it is placed. The embellishing lights up the characters!

I consider myself a contemporary quilter like Klue's term for herself - though don't claim to have her skill! I do a lot of contemporary interpretations of traditional quilting. That includes purses, totes, table runners, etc. as well as some arty wall hanging pieces.
    I also have amassed a large amount of the Art Quilter's tools and embellishments to stretch my skills and enjoy more original creative design pieces. I feel fortunate to be able to - cross the lines - back and forth to admire and appreciate both worlds, as well as add my two cents worth of ability to each!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast