Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: traveling foot pedal

Blog Entries
    Can you tell me what is your favorite method of preventing your sewing machine foot pedal from traveling across the floor. Some days I feel as if I've "walked" a marathon with my foot pedal.

Blog Entries
    I buy those really cheap rubber drawer liners from the Dollar store and cut them into smaller pieces. Just place my foot pedal on it and it stays put.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    I buy those really cheap rubber drawer liners from the Dollar store and cut them into smaller pieces. Just place my foot pedal on it and it stays put.
    Thanks for the tip! I have some of those hanging around - gonna try it here in a few!!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tip KatFish

Quote Originally Posted by KatFish

If you're in a carpeted room, get some generic hook and loop tape and a bottle of Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue.

Glue the back of the hook part of the tape and let it dry overnight or 24 hours. Cut into 3-4" sections and stick them to a heavy plastic bag. Put two or three sections on the bottoms of your pedals, sticky side down, and they'll grab your carpet just enough to keep them from wandering. :)

Blog Entries
    I put industrial velcro hook strips on the bottom of the pedal and it sticks like glue to the carpet. For no carpet floor I use the Sta Put pedal mat. The velcro sticks to that. If you have sewing cabinet with legs then slide a dowel rod in front of the back left and right legs and the pedal won't keep going farther back.

My studio has wood floors so I put my foot pedal on one of those rubber backed bathroom rugs. Works like a dream!

I store one of my bins under my sewing table, large enough to keep my foot pedal out where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltgran2
    Can you tell me what is your favorite method of preventing your sewing machine foot pedal from traveling across the floor. Some days I feel as if I've "walked" a marathon with my foot pedal.
    My DH made me a wooden pedal holder and placed drawer or rug anti-sliding mesh stuff on the bottom of it. Works great on carpet, tile or wood floors.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    haha.. wondered myself. looks like you are getting ideas on this question. Thanks for asking!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast