Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: traveling foot pedal

Blog Entries
    Can you tell me what is your favorite method of preventing your sewing machine foot pedal from traveling across the floor. Some days I feel as if I've "walked" a marathon with my foot pedal.

Blog Entries
    I buy those really cheap rubber drawer liners from the Dollar store and cut them into smaller pieces. Just place my foot pedal on it and it stays put.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    I buy those really cheap rubber drawer liners from the Dollar store and cut them into smaller pieces. Just place my foot pedal on it and it stays put.
    Thanks for the tip! I have some of those hanging around - gonna try it here in a few!!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tip KatFish

If you're in a carpeted room, get some generic hook and loop tape and a bottle of Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue.

Glue the back of the hook part of the tape and let it dry overnight or 24 hours. Cut into 3-4" sections and stick them to a heavy plastic bag. Put two or three sections on the bottoms of your pedals, sticky side down, and they'll grab your carpet just enough to keep them from wandering. :)

Blog Entries
    I put industrial velcro hook strips on the bottom of the pedal and it sticks like glue to the carpet. For no carpet floor I use the Sta Put pedal mat. The velcro sticks to that. If you have sewing cabinet with legs then slide a dowel rod in front of the back left and right legs and the pedal won't keep going farther back.

My studio has wood floors so I put my foot pedal on one of those rubber backed bathroom rugs. Works like a dream!

I store one of my bins under my sewing table, large enough to keep my foot pedal out where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltgran2
    Can you tell me what is your favorite method of preventing your sewing machine foot pedal from traveling across the floor. Some days I feel as if I've "walked" a marathon with my foot pedal.
    My DH made me a wooden pedal holder and placed drawer or rug anti-sliding mesh stuff on the bottom of it. Works great on carpet, tile or wood floors.

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    haha.. wondered myself. looks like you are getting ideas on this question. Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltgran2
    If you have a carpet I put a peice of Verlco on mine if you don't have carpet just put Verlco on the floor where your pedal is and the other side of the verlco on the pedal its self? 8-)

Blog Entries
    I used a mouse pad on my tile floor for years, but now have a large square of carpet on the wood floor with my stacks of plastic totes behind it to keep it in place. The totes are flat stacking ones that hold my small scraps sorted by color. The extra cord from the foot petal is "tacked" to the table leg with a velcro strap to keep it out of the way.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    I use a mouse pad.

Blog Entries
    A friend gave me a foot pedal pad that she got from a LQS - is heavy rubber with grips - works great!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I put industrial velcro hook strips on the bottom of the pedal and it sticks like glue to the carpet. For no carpet floor I use the Sta Put pedal mat. The velcro sticks to that. If you have sewing cabinet with legs then slide a dowel rod in front of the back left and right legs and the pedal won't keep going farther back.
    Ditto on the Sta Put pedal mat.

A foot square of that soft rubbery shelf liner will keep your footfeed in place. Also use a hunk of it under my sewing machine and it stays put too.

I use a silicone hotpad. Works fabulously.

a rubber bath mat if you have wood or tile floor works well is also good to put machine on if yours vibrates on the table

Thanks for the hints, I'm going to try them myself.

That's why I have Janomes. I have tried every imaginable method to keep my pedal in place. None of them worked for me. With Janome, I use the start/stop button. It is especially easy when piecing as I keep one finger on the button and the other guiding the fabric. After I hit the start button, my hand goes down to help guide the fabric, and when I get to the end it is so easy to move up and stop it. The foot pedals are packed away so I will have them when I trade up.

I bought one of those new iron mats and it works like a charm.

I hot glued some of the rubber drawer liner cut to size to the bottom of the foot pedal, it stayed where I want it,

Blog Entries
    Same here, and I share pieces with my quilting buddies.

great idea Katfish

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is a new product out called "Uglu" I take a small piece and put it under my foot pedal where I want it to stay. when u want to move it, just pull the end of the uglu and it pulls up clean, not hurting the floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast