Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Triple Irish Chain, almost done, need help with border

Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    First your quilt is going to be lovely and looks very well done. I admit I struggle tremendously with border decisions so not much help. I agree with Tartan about doing the embrodiery on the pink may distract. I would just try to draw up some options using your software and post them to further the discussion. Always easier to get an idea with a picture.
    Hi quilt addict, thank you for the compliment, hmm ok I'll do that change the back ground fabric behind embroidery with other colors and see how it looks, i'll post them when I change it. ok I'll be back in abit to show with other colors.

Thank you so much for the info. Your quilt is beautiful!

That is stunning!!!
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by joanneg View Post
    Thank you so much for the info. Your quilt is beautiful!
    Your very welcome joanneg. Hope you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by nannyrick.com View Post
    That is stunning!!!
    HI nannyrick.com thank you for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    Hi quilt addict, thank you for the compliment, hmm ok I'll do that change the back ground fabric behind embroidery with other colors and see how it looks, i'll post them when I change it. ok I'll be back in abit to show with other colors.
    HI again,I'm back with more colors for background for embroidery, here they are. I also plan to use threads for embroidery to match the greens and pinks from blocks. Hmm I don't see an area to post pics, ok I'll start another message on here.

This is a gorgeous quilt. I'm not a green person but I love the way this quilt looks. Maybe it's the focus fabric but I love it.

here are other colors for background for embroidery for border.

OH I must also say, that this embroidery is a 5x7 size which I resized it to 4x4. Thank you all for input on my Triple Irish Chain.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki I View Post
    This is a gorgeous quilt. I'm not a green person but I love the way this quilt looks. Maybe it's the focus fabric but I love it.
    HI Vicki I, thank you for your compliment. I seen a Triple Irish Chain quilt in Fons & Porter's Love of quilting March/April 2008, this quilt just caught my eye so this is where I got the idea to make an T.I.C. in green. It's nice to work with greens at the moment, LOL, since it's so white outside, I'm ready for Spring.

I think your quilt is absolutely beautiful just the way it is. I would do a small border with the dark green and the a little larger one in the light green. I think the embroidery is too much and would take away from the beauty of the quilt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast