Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Triple Irish Chain, almost done, need help with border

Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
    I can't give you any advice about embrodiery or quilting but I want to say your quilt is beautiful. I haven't seen an Irish chain done with fabric like that. I love it.
    HI GagaSmith, thank you for your compliment, it sure feels wonderful when I read everyone's compliments. I feel the stress of my sewing is all worth it now. LOL. I'm always afraid of sewing the parts crooked or wasting fabrics, I feel when a person makes a quilt, it should be done at it's best. I'm slow at sewing, but it's working out, so back to sewing. Thanks again for the nice compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    I'd keep the background of the emb. blocks a pale color, so as not to detract or distract. Also keep the border simple, as others have suggested too. Love what you have done so far!
    I have this same fabric, and I love it! I have kept it for a special project, and it hasn't hit me just yet!
    HI Mariposa, I think I will keep it simple, but I really would like to use the embroidery. I'll have to embroider the design and see how it looks, before I make my final decision. I fell in Love with this fabric, I too wanted to keep it for a special project. This Irish Chain has been on my mind for at least 4 yrs, and now I'm finally doing it, and it's coming out very well. Thank you for the compliment and your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2