Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tula Pink's books and quilts - what do you think? Also recommendations >

Tula Pink's books and quilts - what do you think? Also recommendations

Tula Pink's books and quilts - what do you think? Also recommendations

Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM

I have the book, and it has very good instructions for all 20 of the projects. I love her designs. They are more free-form or liberated - everything doesn't have to be so precise, since you square-up or trim every block.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 PM

How can we find the most gorgeous quilt ever made on Pinterest> Can you give us the name of the quilt?

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Tula Pink has beautiful fabric but I'm not too impressed with her quilt patterns. I think ever gorgeous quilt ever made is on Pinterest now. Check out the quilt book publishers Pinterest pages.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:08 PM

I have just collected fabric for the pattern she has in Oct '13 American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. The pattern is simple, the quilting is gorgeous!!! Angela Walters did the quilting.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Her style is modern. I love it. She's an innovator!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
How can we find the most gorgeous quilt ever made on Pinterest> Can you give us the name of the quilt?
I would think this is more a matter of opinion than anything... LOL.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:44 AM

I saw her on Sewing With Nancy and I like her work. However it is not Traditionalist.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 AM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

I adore Tula Pink and her fabric. Her book was what inspired me to try quilting. I am a total scrappy girl but her colors and fanciful designs intrigue me. She is young but I'm not, I can't really say what attracts me. Some designs are easier, some are more difficult. It's a matter of personal taste I guess. She definitely isn't a traditionalist! That said I used her books after obtaining them from the library. Maybe start there. There was a book that gave instructions that I ahem...hand wrote some instructions.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:21 AM

Check for her book on Amazon...they often give you opportunity to "look inside" and you can see some pages to decide if you want to buy the book.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:39 AM

As a traditional quilter I find Tula Pink very refreshing. To me, the best part of her and her designs is that she is appealing to young women and don't we all want the next generations to carry on our love of quilting? I have purchased both of her books (Joanns with a coupon) and enjoy the pictures and ideas they spur in me. Just like a sunny day, inspiring.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

She said ever gorgeous not the gorgeous.

I can get lost for hours looking at quilts on Pinterest. Every quilt magazine, quilt pattern designer, quilt book publisher, quilt show and quilt blogger has quilts posted. Some I've never seen before.