Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two-sided fusible batting

Two-sided fusible batting

Has anyone tried it? Please tell us how you liked it.

Power Poster
    I like Hobbs 80/20 fusible batt. The hard part is finding a place big enough to iron a full sized quilt. I use my basement carpeted floor and strap on my knee pads. If you had a super big table, it would be easier.

I have used it but I try to only use it on table runners and smaller projects. I know that you can use it for the bigger quilts but I just find that i got a lot more puckering than I wanted.

Blog Entries
    I've used it for both large and small quilts, I like working with it.
    You just have to iron, no spray basting.
    Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I like Hobbs 80/20 fusible batt. The hard part is finding a place big enough to iron a full sized quilt. I use my basement carpeted floor and strap on my knee pads. If you had a super big table, it would be easier.
    I guess that would be where a ping pong table (a/k/a cutting table) comes in! lol

I feel like the Warm and Natural has gotten too thin. Am I imagining this?
    Last edited by Cat18; 01-13-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch View Post
    I have used it but I try to only use it on table runners and smaller projects. I know that you can use it for the bigger quilts but I just find that i got a lot more puckering than I wanted.
    I thought the advantage of two-sided fusible is that it would lay flatter. Good to know.

I tried it and did not care for it for large full size or bigger quilts. I had more success with spray basting, in eliminating puckers on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat18 View Post

I feel like the Warm and Natural has gotten too thin. Am I imagining this?
    You are not alone.. I think it is thinner . Wish I had some from several years ago to compare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Look around for a ping pong table - they are the bomb for sandwiching quilts.
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I just used the Hobbs 80/20 double sided fusible on a twin sized quilt. It was great until I realized that one fused side would puff/pucker if I kept quilting. So I stopped and separated the batting from the material, smoothed out the extra fabric, and then fused it again. It worked okay after that, but it wasn't as straightforward as I thought it would be. My next project is larger, so I'm not sure how I'll approach that. I have one more of the batts to use. Can't use spray basting and need to be careful with the Elmer's glue...it knocked my timing out once and just don't want to go back there.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast