Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: UH-OH

  1. #1
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    I already bought the beige fabric I need for a quilt I'm going to make for my niece. She's 30 and finally getting married which makes her father happy to no end!

    Anyhoo, the fabric isn't the same "weight" as the other fabrics. It's a Laura Burch Dancing Horses design and it's a very dense fabric. I'm using the Warm Wishes pattern and it would be the center stripe. While I was in email jail this morning I got one from Over the Rainbow and they have the coordinating ivory fabric for the horses. Soooo, I ordered yet another 3 1/2 yds from them. Is this how your stash grows? Or am I going around the bend?

  2. #2
    Moderator kathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the Texas Coast
    Posts
    3,674
    EXACTLY!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,147
    Definitely how the stash grows. Don't be hard on yourself until you have many many tubs or cabinets with extra like the rest of us. :-)

  4. #4
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,105
    Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    I already bought the beige fabric I need for a quilt I'm going to make for my niece. She's 30 and finally getting married which makes her father happy to no end!

    Anyhoo, the fabric isn't the same "weight" as the other fabrics. It's a Laura Burch Dancing Horses design and it's a very dense fabric. I'm using the Warm Wishes pattern and it would be the center stripe. While I was in email jail this morning I got one from Over the Rainbow and they have the coordinating ivory fabric for the horses. Soooo, I ordered yet another 3 1/2 yds from them. Is this how your stash grows? Or am I going around the bend?

    You have totally lost it......Welcome to the club!!

  5. #5
    Super Member grammyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,479
    You are one of us now!

  6. #6
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    Definitely how the stash grows. Don't be hard on yourself until you have many many tubs or cabinets with extra like the rest of us. :-)
    Well, I only have one tub full, but I have many stacks all around the diningroom! Need to get more tubs!

  7. #7
    Super Member CoyoteQuilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,306
    Nope, you are now a 'stashaholic' or at least the beginning of one. As far as the weight of the fabric differences, I have not had a problem with mixing them. Even fabrics in the same collections could have a different 'feel' or weight. It is due to the dye and printing during manufacturing of the pattern that causes this.

    Also, there is always a spot for beiges.....

  8. #8
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,250
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    Nope, you are now a 'stashaholic' or at least the beginning of one. As far as the weight of the fabric differences, I have not had a problem with mixing them. Even fabrics in the same collections could have a different 'feel' or weight. It is due to the dye and printing during manufacturing of the pattern that causes this.

    Also, there is always a spot for beiges.....
    Yeah, I know. But, the one I have is really thin. Anyway, at least it will be a semi-official Laurel Burch quilt. The rust (3rd color) is the same as the focus and the grey stripe.

  9. #9
    Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,409
    BJnicholson - take a look at my quilt that I just finished piecing. It is also Laurel Burch's Dancing Horses. I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the fabric! It was a challenge, but fun!

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-79671-1.htm

  10. #10
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clovis, NM
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    EXACTLY!
    yeppers!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.