Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UH-OH

Blog Entries
    I already bought the beige fabric I need for a quilt I'm going to make for my niece. She's 30 and finally getting married which makes her father happy to no end!

Anyhoo, the fabric isn't the same "weight" as the other fabrics. It's a Laura Burch Dancing Horses design and it's a very dense fabric. I'm using the Warm Wishes pattern and it would be the center stripe. While I was in email jail this morning I got one from Over the Rainbow and they have the coordinating ivory fabric for the horses. Soooo, I ordered yet another 3 1/2 yds from them. Is this how your stash grows? Or am I going around the bend?

EXACTLY!

Banned
    Definitely how the stash grows. Don't be hard on yourself until you have many many tubs or cabinets with extra like the rest of us. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    I already bought the beige fabric I need for a quilt I'm going to make for my niece. She's 30 and finally getting married which makes her father happy to no end!

Anyhoo, the fabric isn't the same "weight" as the other fabrics. It's a Laura Burch Dancing Horses design and it's a very dense fabric. I'm using the Warm Wishes pattern and it would be the center stripe. While I was in email jail this morning I got one from Over the Rainbow and they have the coordinating ivory fabric for the horses. Soooo, I ordered yet another 3 1/2 yds from them. Is this how your stash grows? Or am I going around the bend?

You have totally lost it......Welcome to the club!!

You are one of us now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    Definitely how the stash grows. Don't be hard on yourself until you have many many tubs or cabinets with extra like the rest of us. :-)
    Well, I only have one tub full, but I have many stacks all around the diningroom! Need to get more tubs!

Nope, you are now a 'stashaholic' or at least the beginning of one. As far as the weight of the fabric differences, I have not had a problem with mixing them. Even fabrics in the same collections could have a different 'feel' or weight. It is due to the dye and printing during manufacturing of the pattern that causes this.

Also, there is always a spot for beiges.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
    Nope, you are now a 'stashaholic' or at least the beginning of one. As far as the weight of the fabric differences, I have not had a problem with mixing them. Even fabrics in the same collections could have a different 'feel' or weight. It is due to the dye and printing during manufacturing of the pattern that causes this.

Also, there is always a spot for beiges.....
    Yeah, I know. But, the one I have is really thin. Anyway, at least it will be a semi-official Laurel Burch quilt. The rust (3rd color) is the same as the focus and the grey stripe.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    BJnicholson - take a look at my quilt that I just finished piecing. It is also Laurel Burch's Dancing Horses. I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the fabric! It was a challenge, but fun!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-79671-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    EXACTLY!
    yeppers!

Oh yeah --- ROL!!!!!! I started making quilts out of my stash a year ago --- 3 quilts later and I have MORE stash than when I began!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO much fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
    BJnicholson - take a look at my quilt that I just finished piecing. It is also Laurel Burch's Dancing Horses. I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the fabric! It was a challenge, but fun!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-79671-1.htm
    Wow! I'm only using the design on the bottom left in the Warm Wishes pattern. I hope it turns out as spectacular as yours! I'm really looking forward to making mostly because there are NO triangles!!! :!:

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    That's the way it works!

a regular here
    I believe your just about there........... A fabaholic

You've got the hang of it!!!

You have caught on to it and me too.

Yep, you are beginning to become a fabric holic, like me!

Sometimes if one fabric seems lighter weight, but its what I need to use, I will starch it to give it more body. However if it is toooooo thin, I will replace the fabric.

You are okay. We all do that and we are normal just adding to the stash.

Blog Entries
    Beige is a great neutral fabric and goes with most everything. It is a great basic to have in your stash.

Blog Entries

OHHHHH!!!!! You have caught our disease!!!! I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Or it isn't quite the right shade or value........

Well, that is how I started. Saw a fabric, bought it, then saw another one that I liked better, bought it. Repeat by 10,000 times and you have an over grown stash. :) :) :)

Blog Entries

OHHHHH!!!!! You have caught our disease!!!! I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Or it isn't quite the right shade or value........

Blog Entries
    Thank you for mentioning Over the Rainbow. I googled it and OMG what beautiful stuff! I had never heard of it before.

Welcome to the wonderful world of fabric collections.
    You will love watching your stash grow, and grow and grow. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast